Swimming pool - Passat

Discussion in 'Passat' started by rocco, Feb 12, 2007.

1. rocco Forum Member

PassatUk site forum is down so hoping someone can help.

My wife has a Passat B5.5 130Tdi on a 52 and the rear near side passenger footwell is wet. All the door and window seals are undamaged, the door card and membrane is fine. But the odd bit is that the carpet appears to be getting wet from beneath. The chassis and floor pan appear fine, also. One thing that I did think of was the rear wash pipe from the engine bay. The rear wash wipe works fine though. I can't see any holes in the pipe, but I would need to remove the seat the carpet, which will be a fiddly job due to the remove of the trim. The front foot well, is fine, as are the others.

Any more ideas would be greatfully received.

2. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Screen leaking and water coming down inner bulkhead?

3. oak8vgti Forum Member

very common fault on 3B passats is the pollen filter housing leaking, there is a seal underneath the housing where it is bolted to the bulk head, we strip and dry the interior out, reseal the pollen filter housing and refit

the water in the nearside is a positive indication of this fault

infact 10 says its that :lol:

4. Unknown Forum Junkie

One of our B5 A4s is doing the same thing, I've got to look at it tomorrow morning so if I find anything interesting apart from a cracked filer housing then I'll post back. I'm assuming its just that for now.... anyone got any pics for what to look for?
    Damn annoying as I'll ned to strip the interior and wash it and dry it out to get it smelling fresh again.... modern cars suck in someways, my old R4 I'd have banged a hole in the floor with a nail and hosed the rubber mats off - sorted in 5 minutes.

5. Lord0pants Forum Member

YES! My Mum's Seat was exactly the same. VW changed the filter/seal and no more problems!
    I too would wager that's the cause!

6. nealey Forum Junkie

whilst the pollen filter housing is getting resealed it would also be a good idea to reseal the e-box on the drivers side as this can also leak and cause the same fault but on the drivers side

7. rocco Forum Member

Cheers, I would never have thought of the pollen filter housing.

Presume that this wouldn't be cheap for VW to do ? Car's under warranty so wife won't let me touch it and I'm sure it wouldn't be a warranty item

8. Lord0pants Forum Member

no- it is a warranty item... the Seat was done under warranty anyway...

9. Unknown Forum Junkie

filter housing on my B5 was OK, seal and everything were wet but it was sat in a huge puddle of water caused by a blocked drain under the battery.

Lift the battery out and remove the tray it sits on, then have a poke of the drain underneath with a blunt object. Gallons of water poured out under the car on mine. Cleaned everything up and refitted it and wait to see how it does in the rain later today.

Dont forget to reprogram your windows by holding them down for about 3 seconds then fully up again. I think thats it, worked on mine anyways, they now open/close on the keyfob

10. oak8vgti Forum Member

yeah the water outlet under the battery can block up too and yeah its def a warrenty item mate, get it back and sorted mate