System pressure loss

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by Marcgtt, Mar 26, 2023.

1. Marcgtt

Marcgtt Paid Member Paid Member

Hi, I've almost finished rebuilding my MK2 golf 16v and I'm having a few issues. The first one is the system pressure not holding after pump off. I disconnected the supply pipe on metering head and put a guage on it and when pump is shut off it instantly drops down to about 1bar and sits there for about 15s then drops to 0. New pump and new non return valve as I though it was this. Taken screw out of accumulator and no fuel leaks out. Is it definitely the accumulator at fault or something else, I would have thought the non return valve on pump would stop the fuel pressure going completely. Thanks and many more issues to come

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

3. Marcgtt

Hi thanks for the reply, I've disconnected the metering head and put the pressure guage straight onto the supply pipe. Everything is telling me it's the non return valve on the pump but I had two used ones I tried and then brought a new one but still pressure goes to 0 as soon as pump is off. Just ordered a new accumulatior and new hell braided lines for it.

4. Rustbuster

Rustbuster Paid Member Paid Member

Leaky injectors maybe?

5. Marcgtt

Issue is before fuel gets to the metering head. Thanks