T2 turbo onto mk2 16v- teach me please

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by bones, May 6, 2012.

1. bones

bones Paid Member Paid Member

Ive just bought a new rhd casy T2 turbo manifold. I already have k-star with the 5th injector. What do I need and how do i go about it? It will be going (if all pans out well) on my 1900 valver

parts recommendations etc

Ill also be rummaging through the past posts when the cgti search engine stops buggering me about

2. geeteethree Forum Member

Budget and power target will dictate.

If you plan to stick with K-Star to compensate ignition and fuelling, I assume you are looking at a pretty modest power target, which may save you having to upgrade the transmission and brakes etc.

cast manifold is a good start though :thumbup:

3. bones

im already quaife'ed but yes, modest power, with a sensible budget. Just a nice bit of boost to help things along. A T2 is only a wee thing anyway

4. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

Is a T2 really going to do anything? It seems too small for a 1900cc engine. If it was a 1.4 or under then maybe. A T25 would be ideal. I can't see that it'll have enough puff for your engine to even bother with

5. geeteethree Forum Member

T2 manifold should fit T2/T25/T28/GT25/GT28, I believe

6. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

One T2 per bank is what I use on a Mitsubishi Legnum 2.5 V6 twin turbo.
    T2 too small as already mentioned.

7. bones

TBH Ive absolutey no idea about turbo'ing

This is the manifold I won from ebay
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120897047961?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I dont plan to go stupid and have to start looking at different engine management, (I know this would be the right way to go), as i plan to use the k-star and I just plain dont have hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of to sink into the engine. Im looking for a reasonable priced set-up to get a few worthwhile horses for a bit of extra fun. Id guessed that a T2 wasnt all that big, and if a larger one would fit this manni, then what would people recommend?

8. bones

are there any manni measurements I could go off to see what else would fit?

9. mk216vrick Forum Member

as above really, t25 t28 as far as i know will fit that manifold - looks the same fitment for the turbos in the T2 range, but i am still researching and learning myself.

10. Q-CAR New Member

I used a T25 with a SAAB 2.3 Compressor on my Mk1 Golf 2L 16V in 1995 which only ran 0.8b boost (upper boost). This car won on Saturdays GTI International and drove there and back. Admittedly it ran on Dell'Orto's carbs and Turbo Technics electronics at the time. You are now using mappable fuel injection to accurately get fuel to the engine. Depending on your gearbox ratio's wheel sizes etc and where the boost comes in decides on what turbo aspect ratio's you chose. The smaller the number turbo the quicker the turbo will boost up so to speak. Its a matter of reading the books and calling the certain people.