T4 missile now with pics

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by bens_cab, Feb 3, 2008.

1. bens_cab Forum Junkie

ok my bottom pulley came flying of my 1.9 tdi van the other day had a look today and the bolt looks like its shattered?

not sure im going to get that bad boy out anytime soon anyone got any bright ideas on getting it out bear in mind its sitting in a recess

ive tried to get a hole punch in there but the bolt is very tough so i gave up right away:lol:

heres a pic of the pulley which flew about 300 yards down the road lucky no one was hurt:lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the sheared bolt that needs removing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. loadsavalves

loadsavalves Forum Member

That bolts stuck in the end of the crank ?? have you checked that you've still got valves that resemble valves ?

Have you had a cambelt done recently and the bolt done up too tight. I've heard of them coming off because the bolt hasn't been done up tight enough but not shearing off.

3. bens_cab Forum Junkie

well the story so far is that last may the old owner had the bottom pulley woodruff key go which in turn bent valves he had it all reapired 4 new valves ect

now i thinking hes either over tightened the bolt or put the pulley on wrong perhaps it wasnt sitting flush

so whats left of the bolt is still in the crank just need to find a way of removing it if it has bent any valves then its cheaper to replace them than replace the engine