Taking 2007 Jetta 2.0TDI 140ps up to 170ps anything I should know??

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by M.A.T.S-74, Oct 31, 2013.

1. M.A.T.S-74 Forum Member

I have a Mk5 2007 Jetta 2.0TDI 140ps with 62000k on the clock.
    Were I work (ambulance vehicle/fleet support - Dorset/Somerset) we have had a new member of staff join us who is a ex VW main dealer mechanic (was working at the Loaders group Dorchester - till they went bust)

He has a snap-on "Ethos +" code reader/diagnostic tool offered to use on my car.......free of charge :thumbup:

Is there anything mechanical different between the 140ps and 170ps? (like uprated injectors for extra fuel flow/etc - already run a K&N panel filter)
    Was under the impression (wrongly or rightly??) that the 2.0TDI 140ps & 170ps were mechanically the same and was just different mapping?

Know it was/is the case with the old 1.9TDI 115/130/150ps engines needing bigger turbo's/boost/sensors/intercoolers/etc as the power rating went up.

Any advice guys :p

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  2. M.A.T.S-74 Forum Member

Was wrongly under the impression that the tool could take my 140 up to a 170........would delete this post, unable to.

Will just have to fork out for a proper remap with AMD/APR/Bluefin/Etc

Sadly his diagnostic machine found a injector issue which I didn't know was there apart from a slight "cough" (sometimes) under "foot to the floor mode" that had been noted by me.