TDi injectors - more power?

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by Boost16v, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Boost16v Forum Member

I've got some day to day wheels in the pleasant form of a MK1 A4 TDi. Only probs is it has 90 ponies...

now i've read that the only diff between this and the 110 is the nozzle diameter for the injectors.

i've managed to find a place near me that will part ex my current injectors for the larger one, but first of all i wanted to find out whether this really will up the bhp to that of the 110. I've also heard that sourcing a PD130 turbo and a higher pressure injector pump can allow more ponies too.

Will get a full remap whichever route i take but wanted to know whether anyone has tweaked played around with the injection setup on their TDi?

2. Seraph Banned

Ive heared of people sticking in T4 injectors into tdi's

You have injectors with 0.184mm orifices. So your options are

0.205mm injectors from 110hp tdi OR the 0.216mm injectors from t4.

Either way, you will need to modify the ecu on account of this, which can be done with vagcom.

pd130 uses different system, so, more complicated in terms of swapping, tho Cispy8v is the authority on that matter.

3. Boost16v Forum Member

Yeah that was right. 0.184mm --> 0.205mm/0.216mm orifices. Must have read it on a forum a while back.

I think the mechanical side of things will be a doddle, it's the setting up bit that will be a bit more difficult. If i was to say use the 0.216mm injectors, would the pump be able to supply enough fuel for em, and then as a consequence, will the turbo be able to cope with the new air to mix properly with the fuel and not kick out a ton of black smoke? And then the other, more important question... will i be able to drive it on standard ecu setup to a rolling road / vagcom setup venue (stealth is about 20miles away)?

I've heard issues with induced exhaust and chamber temps that can **** things up real fast.

4. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

where to start? increasing the injector size to the next up will increase the fuel being spat in, that sort of size increase will only help, causing little smoke on WOT, some adjusting is needed at idle for the Injector Quantity
    slapping on a turbo will do nothing without the remap, and I'm certain the 90BHP has the waste gate style turbo, where as th 130PD is a variable vain item (which I have [}:)] ), it will fit with some welding and altering the vacuum control system

injection pump not worth doing unless your running race injectors, or PP764 (the next size down) it just dumps more fuel thought the nozzles, which is what diesel tuning is all about

after remap, when I'm ready, I'm aiming for about 330lbsish @2000 RPM to keep it drivable[:s] [:|] [}:)]

5. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

running 11mm pump or above and race injectors seroiuly heats turbine up, you need to be runing tepm sender in turbo!