Tell me about Lupos

Discussion in 'Fox/Lupo/Polo' started by harry_the_cake, Jan 7, 2007.

1. harry_the_cake Forum Junkie

I've been offered a w reg very basic lupo with a buggered clutch. Plan is to buy cheap, whack a new clutch on myself and sell it on for a bit o profit yall.

I know nothing about the desirebility of this motors. Do wrinkly grannies and new drivers like these things?

Also how much should I offer for a w reg in pretty good nick with a duffo clutch? I thought about 1000 maybe? Had a quick look on the trader and all fixed up I might get 2500 for it..........sound okay?

Oh yeah its on 60000 miles.

Cheers folks.

2. Seraph Banned

blimey, a grands not bad at all!

3. STU

Stu Forum Junkie

Are you sure it's a duff clutch? What are the symptoms?

The reason I ask is 'cos I thought the clutch had gone on our 1.4 16v Lupo as it wouldn't go into gear easily, but the pedal box had failed and come away from the bulkhead, seemingly very common on Lupo's with cable clutches if you look on the ClubLupo forum.

In any case I managed to get the local VW dealer to fix it as a 'goodwill gesture' after a bit of mithering even though the car is out of warranty and was bought privately but worth looking out for.

As for the value, assuming it's a 1.0 I'd pay maybe 1000 with a duff clutch and hope to double my money on re-sale aside from the cost of the parts to fix it. :)
    There seems to be a lot of basic ones around but they still fetch a good price.

4. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

1000 for w reg sounds ok, should be some cash in it for you.

5. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

Should have no problem selling it on, small economical cars are the easiest to shift, unless it is a dodgy colour.

6. harry_the_cake Forum Junkie

Thanks for the info stu. The gears work okay, but apparently it slips like hell when driving. Its blue, so an okay colour I guess. Gonna find out what the tyres and MOT/Tax situation is today.
    I make a proper decision when I see it in person. I'll offer the 1000 and see what they say.

7. harry_the_cake Forum Junkie

Turns out the car is a T reg and also has a duff diff bearing. So I decided to walk away.