Temporary car insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by spenna, Dec 9, 2013.

1. spenna Forum Member

Hi, I've just brought my first car which is a mk2 golf and need some temporary insurance for my dad to drive the car back for me. Only sixteen so can't drive the car myself yet.

Can you recommend anyone insurance companys?

Thanks

2. Tony@Greenlight

Tony@Greenlight Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

Hi Spenna,

Great choice of car to start with.

Back in the day (a year or 24 ago) my first car was a Mk1 Jetta, which set me on the VW path and i'd upgraded to a Mk2 Golf Gti within a year.

As a company Greenlight only sell annual Insurance policies for drivers over 21, so we're not going to be able to help immediately.

However, we do recommend a firm called tempcover who are able to offer cover by the day/week/month and your Dad could cover the Golf with them to get it home, at which point you'll need to declare as sorn (off road).

The link to tempcover via our website is http://www.greenlightinsurance.co.uk/short-term-car-insurance/ or alternatively, your father's Insurer of his own car may be able to add your Golf to his policy for up to 7 days.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards

Tony

P.S. Good luck with the Golf, you may not be able to drive it but I bet it will be one of the cleanest Golf's we see for a while ;)