test drive coming up (had test drive)

Discussion in 'Fox/Lupo/Polo' started by sportline, Aug 17, 2005.

1. sportline Forum Junkie

just booked my test drive in a lupo gti for friday. cant wait. never been in one before :p

gonna rag it.
    Edited by: sportline

2. veedubnutz Forum Junkie

:lol: :lol: Sweet!! They are ace little cars, but IMO not very well built, Cliveyp's missus' GTi has had no end of problems [8(]

3. sportline Forum Junkie

allright veedubnutz, hows things, still got the audi then, 20vt it [:D]

what sort of probs do they have? ive heard about the 5 spd box's and the pedal set up problems so i'm gonna go for the 6 speeder [:D]
    any other major probs to look for.
    the test drives in a new one so i wont be getting that its just to give me an idea.
    do they feel quick?

4. sportline Forum Junkie

went for the test drive.
    really nice car, brand new only 27miles on the clock, he said it was the last one available. what a spec too.
    raven blue
    heated leathers
    air con
    had pretty much every extra he said.

the drive was good, i really like the gear change and the car felt quick, i didnt really boot it as i had my girlfreind and the salesman in the car. but i dropped it into 5th at 70 and it pulled well, very comfortable ride and the seats were lush.
    only thing i noticed was at 80 it was on 4k revs which is the same as a normal 5 spd.
    i kinda thought it would be lower being 6spd and that it would have got loads of mpg at around 80.
    still a nice car and a nice drive and very suprisingly it was spacious inside.
    they only offered me 1475 for my car though so i wont be p/x mine in just yet.

5. GTiwale Forum Member

My girlfriend had an 02 reflex silver lupo gti, and is a great little car, bags of torque for such a little, car great handling, and look great.

She has just put on hers coilovers, antharcite d90's with a polished lip, german plates and an induction kit. Its a beast.