That time of year again - Decisions Decisions????

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by Gareth83, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

Right then folks, just had my insurance renewal through on the following:

Male
    25yrs Old
    5yrs No Claims (Not Protected)
    Golf mk2 8v GTi
    Value 1500
    Mileage Limit 12,000miles
    TPFT

The renewal premium has come in at 274 with Adrian Flux. Not bad I thought.

I then played about with www.confused.com and can get the following deals:

232.02 as above but with www.swiftcover.com
    267.74 as above but with Protected No Claims
    266.71 Fully Comp (not protected) 400 excess
    353.66 Fully Comp (protected) with Autodirect

Also if I go through www.quidco.com I will earn 45 cashback if i go with Swiftcover

So it looks like a good deal, although Adrian Flux have said they will guarantee to beat any price, although I doubt they will beat the cashback.

So it looks like the 267.74 premium is the one to go for, my question is what benefits are obtained if I decided to pay extra again and go fully comp?

The only thing I can think of is windscreen cover which I may want to take advantage in the near future as my mk1 could do with a windscreen when it's back on the road and the policy is swapped.

Will I be able to drive other vehicles now I am 25yrs old? My renewal (TPFT) states that driving of other cars benefit is included

As my vehicle is only worth 900, there's not much point in getting fully comp is there?

Finally, anyone have any experience with swiftcover?

what are their fees for changing vehicle mid-term?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  2. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

anyone?

3. Raider Forum Member

Dont it show you the benefits of each kind of cover on the Quotation?

Usually does... Failing that ring swiftcover maybe???????

4. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

Contacted Adrian Flux and explained that I'd be looking to get insurance today on the mk2 but will be switching to my mk1 shortly, the best they could come up with was a limited mileage policy of 3000miles on the mk2 for 210 a year. then when I come to put the mk1 on I should get a refund on the policy and start a new one on the mk1.

Their quote of 315 fully comp with agreed value of 4k on the mk1 with all mods declared sounds good, but I think I'll stick to Swiftcover for the standard mk2!

185 later and I'm insured on the mk2 for 10,000 miles TPFT and can drive other vehicles.

Happy days!!!

5. paulyDMX Forum Member

Once sunny St Albans, now delightful Deal, Kent
    I'm with Adrian Flux and they do always match/beat any quote you genuinly come up with - what annoys me is that I feel that they should have just given me a better price to start with.

No point in going fully comp - any repairs much over your excess will make it an insurance write off anyway!