**** thats hot

Discussion in 'Engines' started by 8v steve, Jan 15, 2005.

1. 8v steve Forum Member

ok last night on my way home doing about 70mph ;) on the motorway when my left leg suddenly feels like its on fire , the whole car fills with steam and im left sitting on the hard shoulder, ive never had a problem with the car over heating or any leaks from the cooling system till now. ive look on the gsf site they sella PRESS COMPENSATING LINE part no 17855 for 28
    what is this for
    Edited by: 8v steve

2. Rallye_Will Forum Member

Your heater matrix has blown, just buy a new one, they come with a valve in now that will stop this happening again. Don't bother with one of those bypass valves, they're a waste of

3. 8v steve Forum Member

is it true u can use a mk3 heater matrix,

4. stegti Forum Member

i currently have copper pipe where the inlet and outlet valves were. i put a new matrix in from euro car parts. will this a a valve in it?? whats the best thing to do where these valves were?put a new coolent pipe in?

5. Atlas 12v Forum Member

Volkswagen should change it for free if the car never went for it's recall...

6. Andy947 Forum Addict

The recall is finished.

Just buy a new matrix, the mk2 qnd the mk3 ones are the same

7. 8v steve Forum Member

ok been and got a new heater matrix how the feck do u get the old one out i can feel a bracket right at the back but cant see it to undo it.

8. Carl loader Forum Member

Alright 8v steve

Have a look at the FAQ's sections and you'll find a guide that shows you how to change your heater matrix. It does take a while, i had to do mine a couple of months back and it took all day. Expect lots of cursing, swearing and knuckle shreading though.