the 16v turbo technics engine

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by Vduber, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Vduber Forum Member

hiya guys

how much Hp was 16v kit putting out when stealth where fitting them?

Cheers

Jack

2. madmk4 Forum Member

185-210bhp using 8/12psi of boost respectivly.

Torque with 12psi is around 200lb ft, I forget at what revs.

3. Vduber Forum Member

185-210 at the flywheel i take it?

4. Advertised at 190 bhp 180 lb/ft at 10.5psi.But when there 16vT demo car was put on the rollers it produced 209 hp ,207 lb/ft.

Jason..

5. madmk4 Forum Member

Jason, when was it run on the rollers when it produced 209bhp ?

6. Vduber Forum Member

there is a few kits knocking around at the moment and i'm thinking of investing in one. with k-star so i can run the 8 injectors setup.

Cheers.
    Edited by: Vduber

7. madmk4 i've still got the leaflet which stealth procuced when they were selling the kits & a quote from the leaflet-
    "BETTER THAN ADVERTISED!! when verified on a rolling road it produces a colossal 209.2bhp & 207.6lb/ft.

Vduber k-star will run the 4 extra injectors.

Jason..

8. madmk4 Forum Member

It produces more than that now :lol:

9. Vduber Forum Member

stealth wot does urs run like. I'm guess you have k-star and 8 injectors?

10. vduber,runs sweet m8 no real problems,turbo conv been in over 5 yrs & only thing i had to replace is the k-star..It was rr at stealth & it was putting out 252hp & 243lb/ft (10.5psi)& it's been ultra reliable..So if you can get a kit & it's in good nick,you won't be disappointed. :thumbup:

Jason..

11. Vduber Forum Member

does the gearbox and clutch put up with all that torque?
    u got forged pistons in there or a spacer gasket?

Jack

12. Vduber,still on the original box (70k), you just got to give it some respect & it should be o.k,the clutch is a Helix AutoSport(300:o..Standard 16v 9A pistons off bushed to lower the CR to 8.5.1.

Jason..

13. Vduber Forum Member

wot do you mean by off bushed?
    I've got standered 9a pistons. I was thinking of getting a custom gasket made or one from brm.

Jack

14. vduber,it's where a off-centre small end/gudgeon pin bush is fitted to the rod,so basically the piston is lowered on the rod to give the desired CR..If i was you buy a thicker gasket,it will be a lot less hassle.

If you want to do it probably & run higher boost.I've been told Audi RS2 pistons should fit in a 9A o.k.

Jason.

15. Vduber Forum Member

not wanting to run high boost yet. just get a set up running.

Cheers for your help.

Vduber

16. DundeeDub New Member

my kit is for sale just now on e-bay if anyone is interested

17. doopydug Forum Member

Is it in perfect working order - has it been used in a car recently?

18. DundeeDub New Member

I bought it off a guy on the corrado forum who boght it off his mate when he was breaking up his car after a crash, It didn't have an intercooler so i sourced an original turbo technics one. As far as i know its in perfect running order. Its only done 10,000 miles since it was last serviced

19. KeithMac Forum Junkie

Stealth will offeset bush conrods for 200 a set, or use 2 g60 gaskets, copper spacer etc..

20. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

I've still got my copper spacer gasket that I got from BBM. Will be selling it as I've got custom pistons instead...