The 80's retro Mk2 Golf appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by retrowhore, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Check this out ;) eBay

2. Richard Mk2

o bids ? [:[]...

3. G2T

G2T Forum Member

Was watching that, looked stunning, kit and wheels looked great with the silver body colour, hope it went to a good home.

4. G2T

G2T Forum Member

Now being broken by the (insert expletive here) who bought it, bits are turning up on ebay :thumbd:

5. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

That's criminal.

I don't really like these bodykitted things myself but to break a nice example like that is just wrong.

6. Admin Guest

It only took me 6 years to find a front valance to replace the broken one on my Zender kit. I'd have snapped this up a while ago.

Shame about the car though, one of reasons I rescued an early B reg GTI that had a Pfeba bodykit on it. If I hadn't of got it to put back on the road somebody else would have broken it. So many golfs are now being broken to make money.

7. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

I suppose it does keep the rest of ours running longer.

If nobody broke cars there'd be no 2nd hand parts, but it should only be no hope collision damaged & MOT failures.

That car will provide lots of goodies for you visually impaired people who think they look nice;)lol

8. G2T

G2T Forum Member

Yeah but there are enough rotters left to be broken, to keep the rest going, without a second thought, that car was far from one of those, if I`d had some cash available I`d have been on it in a flash, even if it ended up in the barn with a cover over it for now, next to the hella one.....

9. nhoj62

nhoj62 Forum Member

10. Dennis10

Dennis10 Forum Member

I've got that Zender kit on my watch list as I've always wanted something similar to that, but in all honesty, I think 200 is asking too much and is above my budget - I just have it so I can have a look every now and again and have a little cry! lol

Plus you can tell the guy is probably a bit of a spanner as he is selling the leather seats separately from the door cards. One of my pet hates :thumbd:[:x]

If you list something as an 'interior' don't list parts off of it separately you t*sser!!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  11. nhoj62

nhoj62 Forum Member

yeah 200 quid is abit steep, a very cheeky price if you ask me!

12. Richard Mk2

I noticed this to, what a joke. :(

It seems to be happening a lot lately, especially with mk2's in good condition.

If I had the spare cash I would have bought this one :thumbup:

13. Admin Guest

Really? I paid 100 for just the front valance to replace my broken one. Although a few cars have them on they're not exactly easy to get hold of. 200 for the whole kit including wings isn't that bad considering (plus he's throwing in the bumpers). It only took me about 5 years to find and replace my kit, try finding another one for sale [:-B]

14. Richard Mk2

Thats true, 200 sounds about right to me to. :)

Especially these days, when a set of g60's go for 300+ !!

15. Dennis10

Dennis10 Forum Member

It's all subjective though isn't it - I have an old car that I enjoy searching out bargains for - When the car was purchased for not much more than he wants as a STARTING price for just the body kit, it doesn't seem like such a great deal to me. And I bet it is one of those items that once someone breaks the duck, a load of trigger happy ebayers will start bidding on it and before you know it, 500 - which is ridiculous for old car parts. It isn't an original AC Cobra

16. Richard Mk2

I know what your saying Den, its crazy how much second hand parts go for these days. :(

I always remember finding bargains on Ebay once upon a time, and like you said above, before you know it, the part you were watching has ended up going for 10x's the amount you were willing to pay!!

Tbh the only bargains ive found have been on ClubGti :thumbup:

17. DuBAndy Forum Member

Thats such a shame that its being broken. I'm watching the wheels on ebay at the min 450... If I buy them I'll try & buy the whole car off him! Or at least the shell...

18. G2T

G2T Forum Member

Picked up a hella boot spoiler yesterday, all be it attached to a complete car with a bbs kit on as well. Its a rotter! Will add a couple of pics later.

19. G2T

G2T Forum Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think its an all white match 1300 underneath

20. Dennis10

Dennis10 Forum Member

If you don't like the kit and want rid, I'd gladly take it off your hands! :thumbup: