The Lysholm fittment has begun !!

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by Ade.Mk1, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Ade.Mk1 Forum Member

Haven't been on here for a while, so I thought an update was overdue !!

After running my limited for a year or so I have decided to go down the Lysholm route.
    It will have the throttle body on the inlet side of the charger to keep the noise down, had to reverse the throttle body linkage to make it work, a lot of head scratching until I realised tat not all G60 throttle linkages were made te same !!

I am going to run a 50mm pulley, that will potentially give 22psi of boost, we will see if the 16v inlet will allow that !!

Short of a few parts, most on order, so hoping to get it back together by early Feb :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  2. Dubnutter Forum Member

Dude, hats off, she will be a ripper!:hug:

3. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Interesting stuff :thumbup:.

4. RBPE Forum Member

Sweet as. What injectors are you running and any chance of a close up of the pulley system?

5. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

Blimey, that is going to be mint! What ECU are you using?

6. Ade.Mk1 Forum Member

Cheers guys.
    I have 42lb injectors, a little bit too big but the next size down would be too small as they no longer make 37lb injectors in the body size i need. It idles well and runs well with them though.

I'll take some more pics as I go, the pulley arrangement is like this:
    [​IMG]

Trev I am running an Emerald K6 with a wideband lambda, coil pack and toothed crank wheel.

7. Capt.Dreadz New Member

It's gonna be a torqe monster! Those chargers make great low end TQ. Did you get the silencer kit for it? They can get pretty LOUD.

John told me that these are NLA so cherish it. They are into turbo tuning. He was just showing us the lovely VR6 fuel rails that he just put out. :)

8. Ade.Mk1 Forum Member

Yes I got the silencer kit with it, the throttle linkage has been reversed and fitted to the intake of the charger. I didn't fancy the noise of the charger all the time.

Once this is all fitted I am going to get it mapped properly at Emerald themselves - there is just no way of maximising the torque without a rolling road.

I didn't realise that the Lysholm chargers are no longer available - have they stopped making them in Sweden did he say ?

I love the kit that they produce, great finish and fit. Although the Limited integration kit had to be modified to fit, but then it was never designed to fit in a right hand drive mk1.

Over the last 6 years I set out to build something different and the addition of the Lysholm charger has almost got me there !!

I wish we had a BBM dealer in the UK !!

9. Ade.Mk1 Forum Member

She is running !!!

I have a problem with the intercooler pipes sucking in - apparently I need to redo them in aluminium. I guess that the original G60's boost return stopped that when not on boost - thoughts appreciated guys.

So here is a video - not more than 4000rpm until the charger has 500 miles on her:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=RQpJb2HlFpA

You gotta love the sound of a Lysholm !!

10. adam_bmx Forum Member

Very impressive looking set up,

nicely done dude!

11. benny Forum Member

Very nice that - lovely job putting it in :thumbup:

I used BBM for some 16vt gear a few years back - fuel rail just like that etc. The hoses I had were BBM branded and really thick prob about 6-7mm wall - never seen anything like them since! Shame yours are sucking in...

Didn't know Lysholm were Swedish!? Always thought they were just a BBM product.

I think I've got a BBM fridge magnet somewhere if you want it - happy to donate it if I can find it... :thumbup:

12. KeithMac Forum Junkie

Nice build there!, reason you`re having the boost tubes colapsing is your throttle plate is before the supercharger and they are under vacuum at idle/overrun where they were only designed to run positive pressure normally.

Lovely sound as well!.

13. funbagjuggler Forum Member

Hers mine from 4 years ago in my Rallye

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSQVm16LzDI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Unsilenced 2.0 16v