"The Vicker",My Mk2 16v

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by lostprophet99, Apr 13, 2009.

1. lostprophet99

lostprophet99 Forum Member

Hi Guys and Gals,
    My names Andy,Been trawiling around here for a couple of years now.Own a few Vw's,A 72' 1300 Marathon Beetle,A 83' Mk1 Gti (awaiting a New Roof) and my 90 Spec 16v.

Well,I purchased the 16v about 15 months ago,saw it advertised on a site called Future Classic Cars,which is actually located in Long Ashton,Just west of Bristol.
    I rang up enquiring about it,and arranged a Viewing.The guy wanted 1500 for the car,with all of the paint work done,fresh mot,gear linkage repaired,and the famous drivers seat bolster repaired.I managed to knock him down to 1000 and put a deposit dow that day to buy the car as is.

Heres a few pics of the car a few days after my dad and i went and collected it :)

[​IMG]
    You can see the nice crack in the front bumper here from where it rolled away and hit my neighbours van :(
    [​IMG]

So,it remained a rather stock looking car for a fair few months,bar my barryness of drilling the Airbox :p .

In January,i decided it was hind time to actually get on and do something to the old girl.

[​IMG]

You can see she was still pretty stock looking and a cloud surfer apart fron the addition of a geniune front bumper with Fog lights (as when i bought it,it just had a GL Big Bumper),the front fog light loom,A red stripe Grill (that my young apprentice James Found at the scrap yard and paid a 5 for) and some Crystal clear Headlights.

[​IMG]

Looking a tad like a 4x4.

[​IMG]

My FK coilovers

[​IMG]

My work colleagues helping me assemble the Coillies :)

So after a lot of swearing and cups of tea,we finally had the coliovers fitted and semi set up to the height/ride i was looking for

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now the car had a better looking stance and a tad better handling.

Not a great deal else has happened to it due to being busy at work,but there are big big plans for it.

Today i borrowed a set of Sebrings off of my Mate Stu,so i can get the old RA's fully refurbished,and get some lower profile tyres.Heres a few pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm actually loving the Sebrings,they are so retro :)

I will take some more picutres tomorrow,but i have a 9a from a 91 rado at work,which i am slowly building into a little pocket rocket,and am speccing it up with some electric windows,and a few other bits and pieces.and off course getting a load of spraying done on it,to restore it to its former glory.
    Watch this space :)

2. pigbladder Forum Addict

looks super classy....then i would say that look at mine lol

i shouldve copy righted the pigbladder look

snap
    [​IMG]

3. lostprophet99

Stay classy san diego LOL. I don't think Stu would let me keep the wheels though,and i really do like RA's on a decked car.

Nice motor Pigbladder :)

4. Mike_H Forum Addict

Looks like a decent buy for the money - although it's never 100% clear from pics.

The suspension must have been shot if it handles better like that. You'll find it works better sat a bit higher, and you won't have to take speedbumps at 2 mph.

5. lostprophet99

It does have it bad points,like the real bad lacquer peel on the roof,The rotted our front wings,and the old smokey KR,but these are all small little items i intend to amend when i get soem free time :)

6. lostprophet99

A new Update for you y'all,its been a long time coming and i never get the chance to post on here much.
    So,The valver had seen better days,i was getting fed up of driving it in the state it was in,so i decided it was time to carry out its refurb.I took the car off the road and SORNed it.
    In the meantime,i needed a run around,and went and saw a mate selling this.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Payed 500 for the old girl with a 12 month ticket.She's doing me proud even tough she's quite ratty and everyone is gagging to buy it off of me :p

Anyways,back to the 16v.
    I started tearing it apart looking for rust and dents.Here are some of The WIP pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Removed all of the Bumpers,Bonnet,Tailgate,Trims,etc.
    Welded up a few small area of rust around the tailgate latch and the drivers door mirror.
    My Friend Paul at work carried out the filler work and repairs,Top man and he's painting the car free of charge.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The repairs were either Welded and/or Straightened before being filled then Etch Primed,and after they were wet flatted back while the rest of the car was scuffed over with scotch pads to prep it for paint work.

The shell actually got painted yesterday,i'll try and update it tomorrow with some new pics of it.
    This week shall see the shell being built back up and the panels that were removed being painted.

7. mk1 valver

mk1 valver Forum Member

WTF??? 500 for a lhasa green mk1 that looks pretty tidy from the photos, is your mate mad. Get it slammed and fit the 9a in that:thumbup: