Thinking of selling my Golf for a Corrado

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by TonyGTI, Dec 3, 2004.

1. TonyGTI New Member

As the subject suggests Im thinking of selling up the Golf GTI 8v for a Corrado 2.0L 16v and I was wondering if anyone on here had done the same and come to regret it?

Although I love the Golf I feel its time for a change and the only alternative I can think of worth selling the Golf for is a Corrado.

Cheers,

Tone.

2. coullstar Forum Member

I did exactly the same but I had already had two Corrado's before hand. The 2l 16v is a good all round car and will be quicker than the Mk2 but not a whole much quicker.
    Look at insurance etc before hand as they are noticably dearer than the Golf. Bit dearer to run as well.

Look on the www.corrado-forum.net for guideance on the Corrado.

3. thebluebus Forum Junkie

i'd deffinatly swap my golf for a raddo.....always fancied one

4. iguana Forum Member

Edited by: iguana

5. Switch625 Forum Member

I've been thinking the same, but would opt for the VR6 or G60 to get some real performance...although it'd be dead expensive to insure/run [8(]

6. PeeJay Forum Junkie

I'm doing the same thing in Feb, But I'm swaping my MK2 Valver (and cash of course) for a G60.

I've taken it for a spin a few times, it's feels more modern than my Golf and slightly quicker.

Mine will be going for a G60 16v Conversion within days of ownership.

7. mk1 dubba Forum Member

Theyre a bit pricey but I would if I had the dosh to repair it if I ended up smashing the front [:x] :lol:

8. PeeJay Forum Junkie

My Insurance will only go up 80 a year for the G60 even though it's group 17 :) .

Shame it's 1140 a year allready [:^(] . I'm 27 FFS [:x] [:x] [:x]

9. TonyGTI New Member

Thanks for the comments guys!

I did look into getting a VR6 but they seem more prone to going wrong and cost more to run etc...

The thing is like Im sure a lot of you, I still love my golf but Im just a little bored of it and fancy a change. Also I was dame lucky to get a Bright blue metallic MK2 in the first place, so i feel a little guilty selling it.

10. coullstar Forum Member

The way I look at it is when I had a the Golf nobody took any notice however I get people asking me about the Corrado all the time and I have never heard a bad word from anybody about them. Even people at work who dont care about cars like it.

11. WEEDUBDUDE Forum Member

nice motor the raddo , only not enough seats for me ...
    @Peejay ..how old is your G60 , have u not thought of the classic insurance , surely the G 60 Raddo would be classed as a "future classic" ...only a thought [:$]

12. capnahab Forum Member

bloody hell for a premium like that i'd hope you've written off about five cars!!