Tire Pressure Monitoring System - MkV

Discussion in 'Mk5' started by drago3431, Mar 23, 2007.

1. drago3431 New Member

Greetings,
    I'm a newbie - just bought a 07 Gti a couple weeks ago - awsome car.
    Here's the question:
    Has anybody experienced tire pressure monitoring system malfunctions in their Gti's?
    I took the car to the dealer yesterday to have it looked at and the techs will need to involve a VW engineer to troubleshoot. Has anybody else had this problem and if so, what was the root cause and resolution?

Regards,

Matt

2. Jonno New Member

Hi Drago - not sure from your post if Im correct here, but if its an '07 car and you brought it from a VW dealer(?) then they should sort it out for you under the warranty. If brought somehow from non VW dealer it should still be covered under the manufacturers warranty - without you encurring any cost.

Cheers

Jon

3. drago3431 New Member

Here's the update:
    Idiots at the dealer sold me the car without the TPMS sensors.
    Then they attempted to diagnose the issue involving the VW engineer.
    4 days later I get a call from their rep explaining what happened - you could imagine my response.
    So now they installed the sensors and I have the car back.

4. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

far as I know, there is no sensors (unless somebody can prove me wrong on a 07!)
    the system works from monitoring the speed of the wheels via ABS sensors, if there is a slight discrepancy in the road speeds- one must have less air in it
    I've also had tyres off the 06 GTI with tyre monitoring, and nothings fitted inside.

the VW engineer would be the tech people in head office- they have all the answers (i alway refer to them as the factory technical assistance[:$] )

either way it's working now, and a very good choice of car:clap: :clap: :lol:

5. mexicorich Forum Member

I thought that 'modern'vw had some sort of blutooth affair through the valves?
    And when Kwikfit rip the old valves out and throw them away that it all goes wrong....
    Have I been told a tall story?