To the weirdo electricians.

Discussion in 'Music' started by Higgim, May 19, 2004.

1. Higgim Forum Member

I love electronica and I know a few people on here do. I had a day off work yesterday to do some study leave and it was a chance to listen to a load of CDs (that the missus just doesn't get) :lol: Its the kind of music that you have to listen to intently to get everything out but when you do there are some really pleasing melodies and loops.

Here are a couple of recommendations:

Boards of Canada - anything by these legends, but their EPs are better than the LPs try and find SKAM - its well worth the hunt.

Rough Trade - Electronic. A great double compilation of some classic electronic music. Some weird stuff (which I quite like) some German beeps but a good selection of music from late 70s to mid 90s.

Aphex Twin 26 Mixes for Cash - I bought this 6 months ago but only listened to it for the first time yesterday - brilliant. Again, hard to find though.

I can't listen to this sort of stuff all the time but if I'm in the mood there is nothing better.

Warp recordings is probably a good start for any budding fan. They look after BoC, Aphex Twin, Autechre and many more great names.

2. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

boards of canada - kid for today, only thing i got of them- starts off slow, gets into after about 20 secs :thumbup:

frez nasty feat. skibadee- check it out, again: :thumbup: