toad ai 606

Discussion in 'Security' started by 66dub, Mar 30, 2011.

1. 66dub Forum Member

hi i recently bought a corrado and it came with a toadai606 fitted, theres two questions first is to do with the full closure which i have got to work on the key but when i press the arm/lock or any other button the window moves up about 10mm.

so i found the relay for this and it uses a white cable from the toad module. as a switched earth? it has power to both the coil and the switch and a cable between the switched side and the full closure wire (red/yel) this all tests fine no breaks in cables im getting power to relay except this white cable. im assuming it should provide a timed earth when the lock button is pressed but im not getting it.

this is a rough idea of the wiring set up regarding the relay:

coil in relay
    12v l---------------------[]--------------White cable to toad module
    '
    ' .-------- To full closure cable
    12vl--------------------'\ '--------------- Left empty

That is how The 5 pin relay is wired atm if i swap the full closure cable to the pin that is left empty it does full closure when i remove key from ignition. there is also a diode between the white cable and one of the 12v cables (both 12v cables are fed from same source)

Second question is i have a spare toad alarm fob how do i code it to my alarm? as i could do with a spare set of keys.

cheers

2. neil kaye Forum Junkie

im no expert so im just trying to think logical before troublestarter comes along;)
    all relays need an earth and looking at the diagram it hasnt got one so i guess the same as you that its would be a conditioned earth from the module that is timed,the fact it moves the window up a bit tells me its working but not timed correctly,on the module there mat be a trimming screw to adjust
    to check this white wire for conditioned earth put the multimeters red on battery pos and the black to the white wire,turn alarm on an see if you get 12v,a test light would be better as the multimeter has a delay in reading and if the earth is a short pulse it may not read it in time

hope some of that helps

3. 66dub Forum Member

cheers neil yeah i was thinking along same lines that there must be something a miss with this earth. didnt think of trying test lamp! sat for about two hours testing with the metre belling cables out and testing for continuity between the white cable and earth on lock.

managed to get hold of a fitting instruction document etc (mine wasnt provided) so im going to see if i can check that the window closure is indeed turned on.

cheers

4. 66dub Forum Member

found the problem, after reading that instuction booklet turns out its not programmed to do it, it works if i hold down key4 so now i just need to find the pin number to program it, where do i find this? iv looked in the certificate i have but its not on there and also theres only a long number on the alarm unit.

cheers

5. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

you should have a card with the alarm that has the pin code on without it you will NOT be able to do any programming whatsoever
    what year is the corrado as if its a later one then the relay wouldn't have been necessary as the alarm has total closure built in and it is activated by the alarms lock wire

6. 66dub Forum Member

its a 94

only got the serial number form the toad i do have another toad box somewhere might just swap them over if i have a pin for that one.

7. 66dub Forum Member

just had another look through all the history no card in there. will try ringing the fitting place, if not ill see if i can get a mte to find out from the serial.

8. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

the number cannot be found from the serial number i'm afraid

9. neil kaye Forum Junkie

i had the same problem when i bought the same alarm,i had to get a refund as the seller couldnt find the pin,i rang all over the place and got the same answer,no pin ,no can do,the only way to change the pin is to have the pin
    can you not get hold of the previous owner and ask if they have it?

10. 66dub Forum Member

he wont have it as he only had the car a month, bought it to make a few quid on and before him it was a garage so i reckon im out of look been in touch with a guy who reckons he can get hold of it so will wait and see.

cheers

11. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

the ONLY way to get the code is to remove the alarm brain and return it to scorpion (toads parent company) and get it reprogrammed

12. neil kaye Forum Junkie

when i rang toad they told me even if i sent the alarm in they can't do anything unless i had the code,so if it can be done they were giving me faulse info,or they couldnt be bothered