Tom Tom Theft Warning.......

Discussion in 'Sat Nav, GPS, Camera Detectors' started by SmnByt, Sep 12, 2006.

1. SmnByt Forum Member

A mate of mine has just had his Tom Tom stolen from his car

It was in his glove box with the bracket and power cord...........

How did they know there was one in the car you may ask!!

The policeman said that the criminals look out for sucker marks on the windscreen of cars

So clean those windscreens fellas

2. cabrioletmk3 Forum Member

also they have bluetooth phones, and they operate bluetooth on there phone and search and if someone uses the bluetooth function and dont switch it off, the thiefs phone will pick it. so switch it off correctly.

3. Xiotis Forum Member

Good tip thanks, and I thought I was clever for removing the cradle.

4. NBirkitt Forum Member

Exactly the same scenario I had my TomTom stolen from my Mk 4 GTI a couple of weeks ago. It was locked in the glovebox. It was clearly a carefully targeted 'Pro' job because they clinically broke in through the Mk 4 Golf door handle 'soft-spot' using two very neat chisel blows, and didn't steal anything else at all...

You can buy a steel strongbox to fit inside the car, if you have to leave valuables inside, but best bet is to empty anything of value every night. At least if they do break in, they won't get anything.

Yes, a good idea to clean the sucker marks off the screen, but a real hassle every night and won't the fact that the screen is too clean also give the game away... ?!

5. gillm

gillm ***** User

or to stop the car being broken in leave it unlocked (remove anything of value ) may sound stupid but it saves on paint work , thats what a cooper told my ex to do . oh and leave the glove box open

6. gsxr600nick Forum Member

if you leave your glove box open with no valuables in, then the thieving bas**rds don't need to break in to have a look!

7. tt509 Forum Member

will do mate nice one