Torque Wrench Calibration - Where to get it done?

Discussion in 'Tools, Equipment & Fasteners' started by Mike_H, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Mike_H Forum Addict

As mentioned in previous posts, one of my torque wrenches needs recalibrated. Any idea where I can get this done.

Anywhere in West London / M4 corridor would do.

2. Seraph Banned

We use/d a local-ish guy.

Did everything in one go, wrenches, brake tester ect.

Not sure if they cover SE though.

3. yeha Forum Member

4. asedwell Forum Member

Sorry to drag up an old post - Mike did you get your wrench calibrated in the end ? Did you go to Norbar or find somewhere else ?

I've been thinking i should get mine done as i'm doing an engine rebuild and want to make sure things are torqued up properly, only thing while it's not the cheapest wrench it's not a high end "professional" one and with the cost of calibration everywhere i've seen you might as well just buy a new wrench with a calibration certificate! Probably end up doing it myself using the string, weight and ruler method....

Cheers
    Alistair

5. Mike_H Forum Addict

I figured out which ones were more accurate by comparison, and I don't use the one that I know is out. If the chance comes up, I'll get it done, but I have other options.

I've also learned how to store them properly (on the lowest setting) so I look after them better now.