Totalled MK2 Golf GTi - words cannot describe...

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by Dunx, Mar 11, 2008.

1. benny Forum Member

spaz chariot :lol:

That does sum up the situation quite nicely!

Sorry to hear that.

2. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Gutted mate! [8(]

`07 plate Fiesta? Probably his Mum`s...

3. SixSevenTwo Forum Member

as far as I know the driver and passenger were arrested when the police turned up. Bet nothing much comes of it, though - he will probably get about an 80 fine and about 5 hours community service [xx(]

4. Mk2gti8v Forum Member

what a bunch of sh*t c*nts. sorry to ask but do you have any pics of the golf before this happened?? looked like a pretty tidy mk2. sorry.

5. Mike_H Forum Addict

Sorry to see the mess... looked like a v. tidy car. Hopefully you'll be able to get their name and address from the court records.

Just thinking out loud, but now that you've been deprived of your golf, perhaps you should think about legal action for the emotional stress caused by the loss of your cherished car... many hours and thousands of pounds spent... etc. I don't see why compensation should be limited to the insurance value of the car.

Doesn't look like an 80mph accident though... his car would be a twisted mess

6. Mike_H Forum Addict

Not local to you, but my neighbour is selling a decent G plate 16valver. 2 owners, very original, sensible miles, big bumper, and lots of electrics. I needs a door and a wing to make it really nice,(lacquer peel and a rusty door bottom), but I think I've just found the parts in the right colour (royal blue).

PM me if you're interested and I'll drop you some pics.

7. Collie Forum Junkie

Dunx, dont reckon that fez will be back on the road in a rush. Hope you get a speedy payment.

Regards Collie

8. stu h Forum Member

I'd have definately punched him repeatedly. what a complete and utter retard. people like that shouldn't be allowed to drive again.

9. planetxking

planetxking Forum Member

nah what you want to do is take an old steering wheel and smash his head up with it, that way justic is served and inocence retained!!! or wouldn't it be tradgic if a petrol leak had started a fire........

seriously gutted for you mate! [:^(]

10. AS90 Forum Member

What an idiot.

11. gti-8v Forum Member

Shame to see a mk.2 depart in such fashion! It must have been difficult to contain your emotions.... At least you were not climbing in/ out of your golf as it happened.....

I'm sure your find a well looked after car for replacement ;)

12. jakeireland Forum Member

gutted mate. properly gutted. what an absolute c*nt. he should have died, would have been justice then

13. Cabby Dave Forum Member

Come on...some of you guys are talking about someone getting killed....

14. StuMc

Yes, but the kind of scrote who blasts around residential streets in (probably his Mum`s) car, and causes that kind of destruction (where someone innocent was lucky not to be killed), deserves to be removed from the gene-pool...IMO. :thumbd:

15. dan0964 Forum Member

agreed.

16. Bobby_T_16v Forum Member

Should have poured petrol over the car then throw a match !

How could he be a boyracer ? ? ? He was driving a Fiesta ! :lol:

17. Dubmuffin Forum Member

Well put!
    MK2 looked like a gorgeous car, that's such a shame [:^(] if that'd happened to either of mine I don't think I could have held myself back from doing some damage to that little lowlife fizzer driver.

18. Cabby Dave Forum Member

Wasnt it made clear in the thread it was a hire car? Anyway, Im with you on the car and everything but you talking about someone dying...ie, not having a life anymore! I hate chavs, and scallies but Id never wish someone dead. If the golf owner was put in front of the driver with a gun or a knife could he kill him for the damage to his lump of metal?

19. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

lets just hope the little toe rag sh*t himself lots when he crashed that he learns from it and drives differently now.... and that the insurance pays out a decent sum...

the police need to be banning 'kids' for this sort of stuff....

20. StuMc

Well, obviously no-one here would condone that kind of action, but in reference to...

...it is unlikely that a crash like that will dissuade them from driving like that again. They will probably feel more invincible. They`ll continue crashing and writing off cars, but one day, someone completely innocent will become a victim of their stupidity. Only then will they perhaps learn a lesson and alter their attitude, but it will be at the expense of someone else`s life...better their`s first time around IMO.