Toureg Torch

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by Clinky, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Clinky New Member

I've bought a torch from the toureg that looks like it should be charged from the cigar lighter. When I have it in there, after about 20 minutes it blows the fuse. Anyone else tried this?

2. MattECD New Member

I know its an obvious answer but it is probably draining too much current. The Toureg fuse and wiring for the cigarette lighter is perhaps a higher ampege.

If you really want to use the torch try running a good quality higher rated fused line for the lighter direct to the battery instead of via the fuse box although make sure that no other circuits are affected by this change.

3. Ajit_mk2_16v Forum Member

how much was the touch and whats the total length of the touch? I want one for my car but not sure on the measurments.

Thanks

4. Clinky New Member

Thanks guys, I assumed it was drawing too much current but that's 180Watts as it's on a 15Amp fuse. Admittedly the interior lights and the central locking are on the same fuse, but the interior lights can't drain that much power. I'll have to rig something up with a higher rated fuse.
    As for the dimensions, the body is the same as a standard cigar lighter at 30mm, the torch part sticks another 15mm out the end. I got mine from Awesome at 21. Rip off really Part number stamped on it is 7L6-947-175A

5. Ajit_mk2_16v Forum Member

cheers Clinky for the info.