toyo proxies

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by farquare, Nov 5, 2003.

1. farquare Forum Member

just got a set of these fitted yesterday, i ordered them off mytyres.net on the 20th of last month for 130 then cancellen the order yesterday and got a set locally for 185 fitted which i thought was still ok, i just couldnt wait cos its tyre awareness week and i couldnt afford any more points or fines this month, only done a few miles yet but so far tres chuffed! [:D]

2. Armour

Armour Forum Junkie

They are good, I like mine, for the money they are very good. They are a little on the soft side, but if you want sticky tyres...... ;)

Alan

3. AxlFoley Forum Junkie

yeah i like them a lot, dont last that long but still a nice grippy tyre :)

4. MrBen Forum Junkie

More like, they don't last long because they're a nice grippy tyre! Great grip, especially in the dry, but I killed mine very quickly!

5. coolasacucumber Forum Member

i shall be purchasing a set in the near future, good for the money

6. farquare Forum Member

what kind of mileage would i be realisticly expecting then? dou think id be pushing it to get a year out of them if they were rotated a couple of times to make them wear evenly?

7. MrBen Forum Junkie

How many miles do you do in a year? How enthusiastically do you drive?

8. farquare Forum Member

ok bad question could see reply comin, rephrased as how long have people had out of theirs?

9. Aikon New Member

I do 35k a year in a Mk3 superchipped TDi estate, I have just gone up to 15" steelies with 195/55/15 Proxes T1s, I'll keep you posted as they wear out! the last front s I bought lasted 30k (Conti Eco Contact) the Toyo's are quieter and the car feels smoother on the motorway, grip is far better both wet and dry.

10. Tommy Forum Member

I love the proxies. got them on the mk1 now and have no complaints. plus they look really nice (is that sad?).

I only drive the mk1 at weekends when i want to, so its gets driven enthusiaticlly pretty much all the time. That plus the fact i'm running a 9a and 1600 box (spinnety spin) means they aint gonna last forever, but for 30 odd each, i'm not fussed...

11. AndrewF Forum Addict

i think for my next tyres i'm gonna go for uniroyal rallye540's (had them as my previous ones - very impressive grip, especially in wet, and very hard wearing).

from the sounds of it the toyo's wear out quickly, and i can't afford goodyear f1's (anyone know how they wear?).

12. Aikon New Member

Quickly and strangely, mine wore in the centres first, no matter what pressure I ran them at, having had the pleasure of visiting the Continental tyre factory earlier this year I would say it's because of the supple structure of the tyre!

13. farquare Forum Member

well done a fair few miles since i had the toyo's fitted any they are excellent, especially in the wet, if i get a year out of them i'l be chuffed.