Track car colour ideas.

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by mikesdubs, Apr 19, 2009.

1. mikesdubs Forum Member

Hi, im wanting to photoshop my track car to decide on what colour scheme to go with, but at the mo i dont have the programme, would anyone do me a huge favour and do the roof black, and the bonnet black just where it dips in at the centre if u knw what i mean?-but keeping the rest red, and another photo with the reverse on the bonnet-the outside black, but the inner strip where it dips in red. Then ill know if it looks cack or cool :lol:

[​IMG]

And im all ears if anyone has any other suggestions on a colour scheme, preferably in red and black and race themed obviously. cheers chaps! :thumbup:

2. Collie Forum Junkie

[​IMG]

quick one mate

3. Collie Forum Junkie

4. James_mk2 Forum Member

Of the two i prefer the black centre to the bonnet, but think it looks better how it is currently.

How about 2 black stripes (bear with me :lol: ) just on the angled section of the bonnet (the transition between the raised edges and the centre)? so pretty thin, like the swage line stripes down the side.

5. James_mk2 Forum Member

Here is my paint effort (obviously you can only see one side due to the angle)
    [​IMG]

edit- with the black roof too, but thats beyond what 5 minutes on paint can do!

6. mikesdubs Forum Member

Cheers chaps for the pics, appreciate that, yeah i prefer the one with the black centre stripe too, but not decided if my ideahs look any good. Yeah thats a good ideah! Will have some more brainstorms first tho, i need to get photoshop lol! Thanx again lads. :thumbup:

7. Collie Forum Junkie

Try photofiltreits free, no honest its free, its easy to use and does take up hardly any space on your hard drive, i have used it for a while and does me fine did my sig with it and plenty of other photos and stuff, Had some good results.

download the english version on the web page i have linked. takes only a minute no pop ups come with it etc good safe download.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  8. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

how are you getting this done? if your only adding a few bits could be worth getting a graphics company to make it out of vinyl?

were thinking of getting some black vw emblems on our track car made, to go on the rear quarter

9. mikesdubs Forum Member

Cheers will try that sounds good! :thumbup:

10. mikesdubs Forum Member

Yeah well i have been thinking about this, as you said because it will only be a small surface area. Also i suppose vinyl wud be cheaper, more hard wearing and easier to use than paint?

11. sam-mk1 Forum Member

different colour same idea

[​IMG]

12. mikesdubs Forum Member

Im quite likin that! Also when i do the roof the side edges of the roof will still be red, the black will stop where the roof goes down at the sides just before the gutters, so it will be like a very wide black stripe along the roof. Wouldnt mind having a number too, like they do in nascar etc, will have to thing of one thats signifcant to me. Looks good that tho Sam! :thumbup:

13. fthaimike Forum Addict

You be wanting checkers..... :lol: ;) remembers that old thread

14. mikesdubs Forum Member

?? Sorry im bein a dumb ass, wat thread is that?

15. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

ah killiegti :lol:

16. fthaimike Forum Addict

Yes was quite funny iirc.

Going back to the colour mentioned:
    [​IMG]

17. mikesdubs Forum Member

Aw gutted ive tried looking at that old thread but its not available anymore, sounded well funny! Yeah now thats what im talking about that is beautifull, is the windscreen taped in on that?! :lol:

Cheers for this its giving me some good ideahs. Wanna get it right tho, i know you can go bit more cheesy or wild if its a race car themed paint job, but certainly dont want it lookin like it came out of a box of frosties or anything lol.

18. fthaimike Forum Addict

It's american, they have pieces on them to make them removable iirc?

19. copeidge

copeidge Forum Member

what about white on the bonnet and roof and a small
    white pinstripe around about 10mm from the bonnet vynal?

20. mikesdubs Forum Member

Sounds a nice ideah, anyone care to show me? ;)

Ive thought of two white stripes before now, going along the certre from the bonnet across the roof and down the tailgate. Recently had another ideah of having checkers(bear with me lol) in black and red?-Or maybe all in red but in two different shades? What ya reckon?