tried to be a bit creative....

Discussion in 'Photography - general' started by RIP-MK3, Jan 19, 2009.

1. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

as I thought you guys must be getting bored of pictures of the park at the end of my road.... tried something a bit different!!!!

Basically a piece of 'art' in kingston town centre last night at about 10pm in the freezing cold

ISO:200
    Focal: 20
    F: 22
    exposure: 30second

Then the obvious playing in photoshop

:)

[​IMG]

2. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

wicked!

are they permanently there, or just for a laugh?!

3. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

they are there permenantly... was supprised at the depth of the red the sensor picked up with ISO200

4. stella

stella Forum Junkie

I like that picture!

Did you use a starburst filter? Or an effect in PS? Or did it do it on its own?

Also, how many different combination of settings did you use to end up with that picture? When I'm tackling a new sort of shot like that, it sometimes takes me dozens of shots to come up with what I want it to look like.

Presumably you used a tripod?

5. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

No filters, literally just took the picture, then created two layers in PS, adjusted the colour of the background layer and cranked the red colour of the top layer a touch.

It took me about 6 attempts, the long exposure made the lights go the way they did but ISO400 was too sensitive and I was struggling to get the camera to take the shot at ISO200, had to angle it up slightly at the lights and then two more attempts as people kept walking past!!!!

Used a little tri-pod thats designed for my GF olympus compact, sat on the boot lid of my car!!!!!

6. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Well worth the effort :)

I've never known anyone make such rapid progress with an SLR as you! Took me years to gain what knowledge I have!

7. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

ha ha cheers stella, I'm reading lots of forums and 'how to' guides etc trying to absorb as much as I can. Have a few friends that are pretty handy giving me advice to.... getting my new flash end of this month, can't wait

8. enc. Forum Member

like stella says, rapid progress fella :thumbup:

nice shot.