turbo making whoosy noise and no power? HELP!!!! PLS!!!

Discussion in 'Mk4' started by liincolnmk4gti, Feb 16, 2015.

1. liincolnmk4gti New Member

HI GUYS,

IM NEW TO THIS FORUM.

MY GTI is making a whoosy noise and jerking at times and there is no power at all:cry:

I have a ko3s turbo i wanted to fit end of this month, for more power, but now my ko3 started making this nonsense. My GTI is the agu model and i had stage 1 remap done, I dont know if the turbo went or not.

PLS guys any advice would be greatly appreciated.

regards

Lincoln

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Have scan first and report back with any fault codes.

We can take it from there.

3. liincolnmk4gti New Member

Ok will do. Thanx for prompt reply. Much appreciated.

4. liincolnmk4gti New Member

Has anyone experienced this before?

5. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Yes.

But before we send you down the wrong path, please do a scan. That will help us to help you.

6. VAG-S*** New Member

Sounds like you have a large boost leak to me... Check all the charge hoses for splits and that they haven't popped off

7. VAG-S*** New Member

Also, if it is a massive boost leak it will drive better with the MAF unplugged, so worth a try. . .

My bet is that the hose that comes off the pipe down the back of the engine and joins onto the pancake pipe has either popped off or split though.

8. Notso Swift Forum Member

Ditto, first place I would look

9. liincolnmk4gti New Member

mk4 that made whoosy noise.... FIXED!!

I posted a thread sometime ago about my mk4 1.8t agu making a whoosy noise.

Well, the whoosy noise was a boost pipe that had a hole in it, with nothing wrong with the turbo i already bought a ko3s turbo incase it was the ko3 turbo that went.

I had the ko3s turbo fitted, new gaskets and the worx. Changed spark plugs and oil filter. (Without knowing about the boost leak)

After starting her up when i was done fitting the ko3s, the leaking (whoosing noise) was still there. I wanted to give up at that time but my mate was so eager to see what the agu ko3s could do, after reading timeless counts of forums about what power figures look like. We then went on searching for the problem, after an hour or so, we found that the boost pipe coming onto the intercooler had a hole in it. Sliced it off and attached it again to the intercooler with a new clamp fitted, we started her up again, and she had that growl in the exhaust rumble complimented by that milltek sports exhaust.

i really like it, been driving superb this whole month, but problem is, you always want more nd more nd more.

So i thought about injectors for more power? what do you guys thing? any advice on other small mods i can do... as she is standard apart from full miltek exhaust and ko3s turbo.

Let me know guys, all input is much appreiciated.

Lincoln