Turbo manifold for the mk1 gti

Discussion in 'Mk1' started by 1981GOLFGTI, Feb 18, 2011.

1. 1981GOLFGTI Forum Member

I found this item on eBay "190501801957" , sorry I don't know how to link eBay pages to this site :( it's a turbo manifold with a Garrett turbo for a mk1 gti 1600 +. I gathered it replaces both the exhaust manifold flange/air auxilliary flange from the back of the head? I spoke to the guy about how it would be set up & here's his reply :

"it replaces your standard exhaust manifold, you need to get a turbo exhaust pipe, local exhaust place did it for 50 quid for me, you need an oil feed and return, and boost pipes and intercooler if you want to run high boost, the boost is all manual adjustable on this actuator. does that help mate ?"

Where would the oil feed & return go from/to? & is the boost pipe & intercooler only needed for a higher boost? I'm currently bidding on a caddy now(fingers crossed) & it will go on that as the engine will be a 1600 gti engine

2. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

3. 1981GOLFGTI Forum Member

Thanks for that Chris :thumbup:

4. vwaudi Forum Member

is this a turbo techinics item?

5. 1981GOLFGTI Forum Member

I dont have a clue :lol:

6. romaingirardlamamy

romaingirardlamamy Forum Member

You can take the oil pressure feeding from the side of the head

For the drain you ll have to go for a turbo diesel sump or you could simply modify your sump
    As well as adding baffle kit

You could run very low pressure boost with standard engine but you ll still
    Have to sort the fueling and ignition timing

In the old days they used to blow 0.8 bar out of a standard 1.6 engine with no internal mods

And I would fit an intercooler either ways it s always better performance and reliability wise