turbo question

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by hasoooon93, Jun 6, 2011.

1. hasoooon93 Forum Member

hello guys ... i have golf mk1 1.8 16v pl engine
    can i install turbo with cis-e fuel system ?
    if i can what steps i must do it ?
    thanx

2. hasoooon93 Forum Member

3. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Have you tried search function?

I am sure few threads were kicking about regarding this subject

4. hasoooon93 Forum Member

i read alot .... but there is many options i need help to do it
    i need to right advice ...
    i dont need alot hp just want if i can to do it 160 or 170 hp
    so is there any way to do cheap swap without change cis-e ..... thanks

5. hasoooon93 Forum Member

where are you turbo guys ???? no one answer no one help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. daveslp Forum Member

Hi Dude :)

To be honest, I dont think its a great idea. To do the job right you should lower the compression and forge the pistons. The cost of a turbo and a manifold with a custom downpipe, heat wrap+ shielding, wide band lambda etc will add up to be far too much. even take the bare minimum of turbo, manifold and downpipe will cost around a grand.
    I think, if you want 160/170bhp, stick in a 2ltr 16v ABF. far easier and cheaper for same power and a lot more fun. If your not gonna shell out for some managment then a home made turbo conversion will never run smooth or right. you end up blowing the bottom end eventually.
    If you definatelly want BOOOST, then get a 20vt. They can be bought cheap and have plenty more ponies very reliably.
    Try searcing "16v turbo" or "KR turbo" if you still wana go that route

7. hasoooon93 Forum Member

I SAW THIS PIC BUT I DONT KNOW HOW HE DO IT

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Tomo IOW Forum Member

thats a turbo techinc kit i believe { accuss,my spelling the beer is kicking in lol }

you dont have to change pistons to lower comp, if your only targeting low hp, your target can be achieved via and abf lump on megasquirt with a few other basic mods.

the the cheap way is to get a 20v turbo engine and run it on megasquirt, or go my route, turbo a 16v engine and other the build time will cost a lot more,ie sourcing the right parts,manifolds ect, the standerd 20v comes out at 150 bhp, so your nearly there if you want 170 , but you can get that with NA engine

9. daveslp Forum Member

Pistons are needed for heat. Compression can be lowered first by calculating desired ratio and then raising the head with extra gaskets or even a sandwich plate.
    Turbo technics kit looks savage

10. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Not necessarily.;)

11. hasoooon93 Forum Member

ok .... any another idea guys ..... thanks for help

12. daveslp Forum Member

What other ideas are you looking for?
    Our combined opinion is that its not cost effective.
    We recommend an ABF or a 20vt

13. hasoooon93 Forum Member

i dont know... if i know what is the idea i will dont ask u dude ..... im looking for way make this swap ...... if u know anything help me so post it ... if u dont thank u for trying ....

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  14. nass Forum Member

So you want a 16vt?

Google is your friend go look it up plenty of companys can help with 16vt and plenty of info on here also it's not hard to find information

HTH

Nas

15. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

But stay away from kjet if you want it to last.

16. Tomo IOW Forum Member

source manifolds from the usa, kinectic did mine, bolt on a turbo, and misses the master cylinder, rip out k-jet cos it want run right, or have any parameters to tune the boost/fuel/spark.

make custom downpipe out of 2.5 [min } stainless . buy injectors /fuel rail from mk4 golf,change gearbox to at least 02A, /run vr6 clutch plate,install either hydro clutch conversion, but the size of your turbo with cause problems with the clutch cylinder,im running t3 turbo and cant use hydro clutch ,it hits the turbo,. i would have to down size the turbo .

install megasquirt,or other programable ecu, tuning is the key here,so someone whos up on tuning will save you loads of time . AFR gauge if you want to tune the car urself, . oil pressure gauges. . plumb in sump adaptor for oil return, plumb in oil feed, water feeds/returns / . make inlet manifold, either by fabricating the lower kr manifold with TT as been done here by myself and people on here ,. Buy boost pipes and design boost runs { costly here, 300 of silcone later}, install front mount intercooler,{ possible fab the front cross memeber to fit behind grill.

install 280 mm G60 Brakes as you will need more stopping power ,, . erm anything else i forgot to mention ?

17. seanr68 Forum Member

Go for it dude. Dont let anyone put you off. If everyone was put off, then there wouldn't be all the innovative Veedubs around that there is.
    As said, to lower compression, you can use sandwich plate or thicker head gaskets. You dont need to change pistons if you keep the boost low(around 0.75-0.8 bar).
    I saw kits on ebay not long back for the 16v engines, not sure how reliable/useful they are. They were 800 if i remember correctly....remember to allow for the customs and excise tax if they pull it up. I think its 20% of the value? Maybe some one can elaborate?

Good luck...nothings impossible if you have the determination.

18. hasoooon93 Forum Member

Thank you for your support and advice ...... :thumbup:

19. hasoooon93 Forum Member

thanks for this good info ......:clap: