Turbo rebuild Blackpool company anyone used

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by Sirguydo, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

Any of you guys used this company for spares or repairs ?
    Just looked at their website they look ok.
    Got a whiny turbo on my navara and thinking of getting a service kit for it. 50 and a few hours work seems like it's worth having a go as prevention is usually cheaper than cure:thumbup:
    And just had a price of 900 for anew one of eurocarparts[:x]:cry:[8(][:s]:(:o

Got an old turbo of my aeb engine so might pull that apart first and rebuild it then think about doing my navara one as would need to take off rebuild and refit in a day at work if possible ;)

Any thoughts folks or am I getting a bit carried away with the estimation of my skills?lol

Anybody rebuilt a turbo recently?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  2. Sirguydo

Anyone ?

3. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

Yes I've used Turbo Rebuild for parts, and as a part of that had a dynamic balance service done by them (contracted out it seems/not on site)

I then rebuild the turbo myself, they seemed reasonable priced, the parts arrived ok, and nice on the phone!
    I would use them again:thumbup:

but worth letting someone else rebuild the turbo, I'd do my own but no one elses

4. Sirguydo

I'm pretty good with the spanners so will enjoy rebuilding myself :thumbup:
    Going to ha a practice as well so take my time and enjoylol

I've used a company in Trafford park to dynamically balance fan impellers for my machines so will give them a call to see if they can do the small impeller of a turbo:thumbup:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  5. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Be careful when rebuilding. I did mine and I ended up having to get it done professionally. It needed oversize seals which needed machining to fit. Kits come with standard size parts as far as I know.