Turbos and throttle bodies

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by Lloyd123, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Lloyd123 Forum Member

i got the bodies ALOT cheaper than carbs. i got some G60 injectors and fule rail and FPR cheap too. so im well on the way. i was just wondering about performance increase through using them. the throttle linkage on the ITB's is really just as simple as the standard single throttle body.

2. madmk4 Forum Member

Hmmm, fair enough on the useage of motorbike bodies then.

3. DEX

Dex Paid Member Paid Member

hmm, tb's with dual spinny things...

TB's worth about 40 CWP, a dump valve would be worth 26 CPHP, that's an increase of 66 PHP!

or i could sell you a blanking plate....

4. KeithMac Forum Junkie

Whats the crack with the bodies then, can you fit digi injectors to a 16v with the manifold still on?

I`d of thought you`ll need the fuel injectors where the are originally, buy you can`t control k-jet injectors via an ecu..

That Megasquirt ecu looks good for the price, and you can pic a set of bike t/b`s up for 100, hmmm.

5. KeithMac Forum Junkie

Plus the linkages should be fine if you don`t split the throttle bodies, a quick set up with the vacuum gauges once in a while to balance the butterflys.

6. madmk4 Forum Member

yea, alot of the problems with linkages gets getting a good feel on the pedal and a good progressive thottle, that can eb the tricky part.