tyre sizes for alloy wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tyres' started by sharma, Jul 7, 2004.

1. sharma New Member

i recently brought a set of 16*7.5 inch alloy wheels for my mk2 golf and was wondering which tyres i should put it. Some people have told me 205/40/16, others 205/45/16 and some have even said 19545/16 will fit onto the wheel perfectly well. Which ones shall i do??? (bearing in mind the rolling radius has to be the same and the speedo reads correctly).
    Also i wanted to know if the offset on the wheel is correct. It says e37 on the wheel and i am assuming this is the offset. is this ok for the mk2 with this size??
    The bore size is also 60mm whereas on the mk2 i have been told it should be 57.1mm. Does this matter as the stud pattern is correct and the wheels fit on fine even though they are hard to put on.
    Lastly has anyone heard of rimstock alloy wheels?? I have a set of wheels and they look exactly like the rimstock qualifier alloys, but they have no centre caps and there is no company name on them. The only thing they say on the back is
    RIM followed by a symbol (a circle with 3 rectangles around it). Someone please helppppppp!!!!!

2. Mk2_Ozz Forum Member

I have that size wheel et40 and they go on fine, just quite close in so I'm going to space them out a bit. I put 205/45/16's on them as that was what gave closest to the correct rolling radius.

Also can you not get things to reduce the bore size? Can't remember what theyre called - or I might be talking b'locks!!
    Edited by: Mk2_Ozz

3. Jetta Forum Junkie

Spigot rings.

4. Mk2_Ozz Forum Member

Thats the things :)

I should get some for mine really!!!