tyres for 14" alloys

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by Admin, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Admin Guest

pooty wet winter roads are finally here and i need a new set of treads for the P slots, killed my pirellis 600's that i had, were ok at the best of times, whats a reasonable tyre to get for these wheels?

2. ZapBranny Forum Member

Just got some 185/60/14 H Falken 5E12, something like that. They were only 21 squid each from expedia and then another 8 to deliver the pair.

Directional, with a sidewall protector, seem good especially at that price.

They are ten times better that the Goodyear eagle ntc3 that were on them before, they were unbelievebably badly behaved on even a damp road.

3. Rustynuts Forum Member

Well i have got Avon ZV1's on my teardrop winter wheels and they are excellent although prices have gone up recently.

4. Nordoff Forum Junkie

ZE512 isn't it?
    I'm running them aswell.
    Quite happy with them but they're the only decent tyres i've used so I can't compare.

5. Drew21 Forum Member

I've just put goodyear eagle F1s on my teardrops but haven't put the wheels on the car yet so will let you know. I have p6000s on at the mo and they are now officially shot to poo ;)

6. zak. Forum Member

When i had the pirellis on my car i ran 185/60 r14 goodyear eagle F1's and can highly recomend them. I got them from mytyres.net for around 40 each

edit: funnily enough i had pirelli p600's on them before the f1's and the difference between the two was amazing. With the F1's turn in was alot sharper and the tyres just didn't stop gripping :p
    Edited by: zak.

7. R4W_VW New Member

The dunlop SP200 were put on my other set of wheels which my mate VW_singh was roling on for a while..

He said they were great in the wet.. prob cos they have a wide linear gap between the tread.

Me other mate Nav said his Toyo's were ace too.