Unknown clip position behind the dash

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by Cressa, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Cressa Paid Member Paid Member

I have taken the dash out this weekend and changed the heater matrix. On refitting I have found a bunch of cables attached to a yellow plug that has a metal fastener on it. This metal fastener must have been fitted somewhere, i just dont know where.
    It wasnt a genuine matrix that i have replaced so someone has had all this out before!!
    The cables and fasteners are low down and to the left of the steering wheel.
    Let me know what you think?
    20210926_125505.jpg 20210926_125510.jpg

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

looks liek you've had a CE2 dashboard swapped in at some point. the CE1 dash has an extra bit of steel for the clip you're pointing at to fix to. another clue is the clips inside the dash shell above the cluster, CE2 are huge as the whole loom is supposed to run up along the top, for ce1 theryre much smaller asd most of the loom runs under the clocks and across via the big black plug

3. Cressa Paid Member Paid Member

Probably a poor picture as the loom is lower down. I pushed the clip up to see if it would fit somewhere above. I will try and find a pic of the steel that the clip fits in to

4. rubjonny

never mind I see now your big black plug is clipped onto the extra bracket I mention so dash is correct, the loose clip will have a home nearby :)

5. Cressa Paid Member Paid Member

Found it. I re-routed the loom back under the air vent and the clip location bacame apparent. Thanks for the ce1 info, it all looks how it should be

6. rubjonny

great stuff :)

I only know about those differences becasue I bought a new dash for mine not knowing, problem cam when I tried to fit my new massive climatronic dash harness into the piddly little ce1 retaining clips. That plus constantly gashing my hand open on the big metal bracket for the black plug which I have no use for :lol: