Unlock/lock vacuum system wires

Discussion in 'Security' started by airhaddock, Oct 12, 2005.

1. airhaddock Forum Member

Nantwich, Cheshire and Ingolstadt, Germany
    Hi, I've been reading through some old post to get the answer to my question but can;t find the answer.

Right my alarm has lock and unlock wires which goto ground when the alarm is armed and disarmed respectively. What do I need to interface the alarm to the original vacuum central locking system? Also, are the wires in the drivers door? What are the connections which need to be made?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :p

2. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

i take it you have a mk2 golf if so you WILL have to fit a 2 wire central locking motor as there is not an actual motor in the door only a vacuum pump

also if you alarm locking wires only go to ground you will also need to 5 pin relays i can supply instructions if needed
    Edited by: TROUBLESTARTER

3. airhaddock Forum Member

Yep, it is a mk2 golf. I found one of your previous posts at here which makes sense but says you don't need a motor. [:s]

Also the wires going into the door are red, red/white and red/yellow, which one do I need to cut into? (It looks like the red one is 12V permanent).

Apologies for all the questions but the last alarm I fitted had electric central locking and so was much simpler.
    Edited by: airhaddock

4. airhaddock Forum Member

Found a spare solenoid for the door. Gonna connect it like:
    [​IMG]
    My diagram is a bit rubbish but you get the idea. Cheers.

5. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

sorry on that previous post i misread the car you always need to fit a motor in a mk2 see the relay diagram from that post for the correct wiring sequence

remember you will need to run 2 wires into the door for the motor to work
    Edited by: TROUBLESTARTER

6. airhaddock Forum Member

Thanks for the advice, finally got around do doing it today. Fitted a solenoid in drivers door like you said and wired it as the diagram above and everything works perfectly. :)Thanks again :)