!Updated! - *Warning* - Directfoto.co.uk - Untrusted internet vendor

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by Seraph, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Seraph Banned

This is a warning regarding an internet vendor (nothing to do with cars) by the name of DIRECTFOTO.CO.UK

I'd be surprised if you've heard of this relatively unknown shop selling photo accessories/services, but I'm advising anyone to exercise extreme CAUTION if dealing with them (Especially where your order is big)

This advice is based on an small order I placed over a month ago, and haven't received despite them emailing me a dispatch note the day following ordering. On confronting them by email about this, they have....

1. Ignored my emails (re-emailed daily to remind them)
    2. Failed to provide a usable telephone contact number.

My above enquiries only started once their delivery limitation period had expired (which also took xmas into account). I won't accept the email is not received. I've tried it with many addresses successfully.

The order could well turn up yet, but the hassle / chasing to date makes it far from satisfactory.

So once again, exercise caution when consdering buying from www.DIRECTFOTO.CO.UK

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  2. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

did you use them though a recommendation etc? (how did you come across them?)

3. Seraph Banned

Can't remember now, probably a link from somewhere. But no recommendation.

An initial scout of the site seemed to suggest a reasonable, professional business with 20yrs experience.

How wrong I was!

4. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

doh! live and learn.

there must be a way to recover your money. did you buy it on credit card?

5. Seraph Banned

Yeah, if I'm feeling stubborn I'll do a small claims, but the order was only small, so writing it off is an option.
    No c/cards for me!

6. Seraph Banned

Update for those interested, and lets face it, who would be!

After them ignoring umteen emails from me, they finally responded with the lamest of lame excuses...

The item is out of stock. (They discover this 5 weeks after the order was made!)

Funny that, because I always thought a dispatch note(which i receieved) was sent ONCE the goods were physically sent out.

Could be true, but I'm betting it's a stalling tactic, as they have been doing for some time, to prevent me sending out a letter of claim.

Lets see how long they string it out now.....

7. Supercharged Forum Member

All I would say mate is always ALWAYS use a credit card for all internet and mailorder purchases for the extra protection they give you (In fact I buy just about everything on CC now becuase of the free accidental damage and theft insurance etc I have)

8. Seraph Banned

I don't credit cards, despite the benefits!

I've become complacent over the many years of trouble free internet shopping.

Bit of a wake up call I guess.

I'm normally fairly scrupulous, but at the time, I just couldn't get this item anywhere else.