Upgraded pats for a mk4 tdi head gasket job?

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by Paul_TDi, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Paul_TDi Forum Member

My head gasket is being done by a local garage.

I'm going to get the parts myself through a mate as I can get them dirt cheap that way.

As I rag the crap out of my car is there any kind of uprated parts that can be used instead of standard whilst doing this job? to give it a better chance under the force of my right foot?

oh and the cars a MK4 golf, GT TDi (115ps, 6spd)

Tah muchly.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2007
  2. Seraph Banned

theres little point

the oem parts are matched to the cars output

the fault has no doubt occurred to due wear and tear and not because you 'rag' it.

get oem parts and have the job done properly, then theres no reason for it to go again within the cars life

3. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

the head gasket are metal anyway on TDI's, you won't get better - there also sized differently to account for if you skim the head

never seen a gasket go on a TDI yet, sure it's not just the pump circulating overheating the water and spitting out?? far more common

4. Paul_TDi Forum Member

water pump was leaking and has already been changed, was orginally the heater matrix leaking which was fixed, then water pump went and now the gasket!

ok so jus standard one.

5. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

id have a go at cleaning the inlet manifold whilst its off (never did this myself) because the oil from the breather and the soot from the EGR build up in there and can reduce air flow lol

clean out the intercooler, depending on how many miles its done, it could have a fair bit in there

6. Supercharged Forum Member

How many miles is it on out of interest??

As above the OE parts are fine and only the waterpump has been revised since manufacture...

Don't know why but I have heard of a number of 115's blowing headgaskets, mainly on Audi's and on the front of cyl 2 and 3...

Just like to know what causes this as it's the only PD TDI that seems to blow them...