++URGENT++ Corrado fuel pipe question

Discussion in 'Engines' started by **J**, Jan 16, 2005.

1. **J** Forum Member

I started my car to day and could smell fuel coming from the engine bay so opened the bonnet to find fuel pouring out all over the alternator from the pipe that runs across in front of the manifold.

Ive taken the pipe off to find that the one end of it had nearly broken off completely (and now has).
    Question is it the same pipe on a Golf valver because i can go to the local VW breakers in the morning but i know the dont have any C's.
    OR can i buy this pipe (cheap) from somewhere else without having to wait for them to order it.

Havent a clue about tech names for anything so ive put some Pics up of the pipe [​IMG]

Also could this pipe have had any thing to do with my bad idle/running recently????
    Cheers J

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Edited by: **J**

2. ^neo^ Forum Junkie

Should think you'll get one from VAG, give them a ring first thing, if they havent got one in stock, probably get one for the afternoon. cant imagine it being too pricey, probably wont get much change out of 25 tho

3. **J** Forum Member

Thanks, Ive been told that a 90 onwards golf will have the same part so ill call VAG and the lacal brakers in the morn.

4. flusted Forum Member

You can use the early golf 16v 1s aswell.I have cos they are braided! i have some spare aswell so pm me if you get stuck ;)

5. **J** Forum Member

Cheers mate

6. **J** Forum Member

Right ive got ot sorted, I called my local VW breakers and asked if they had a 90 spec 16v Golf as i needed a part for my Corrado, Turns out they didnt have a Golf but they have a very badly damaged C [​IMG] + [​IMG] so ive got a new pipe for 3 [​IMG] just fitted it and the cars now running again so it looks like i have to go to work now [​IMG]

Cheers guys