urgent help

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by mrk, May 5, 2007.

1. MRK

mrk New Member

allright folks nice site

my names mark and i have a question

i have just bought a 2001 seat ibiza tdi, i know this site is mainly for vw's but since its the same engine then i hope yous can help.
    when im accellerating when the car gets to 3000rpm it wont accellerate any further but then sometimes it will go all the way to the red line (which is normal) is there a way to drive it that allows it to go all the way or what? is this a saftey/economy feature? the car has just been serviced and mot'd and has had a full AA inspection which it passed in all areas with flying colours

cheers folks

Last edited: May 5, 2007
  2. taylor gti New Member

hi there pal

it sounds like your car is in limp mode, this is a default setting controlled by the ecu when things go wrong eg. maf sensor, crank sensor and so on.

is the ecu light on the dash?

if not then ur fault is intermittant
    if so then its constant.

take it to a dealer or a good garage with diagnostic equipment to find your fault, just pray its not too expensive.

3. Seraph Banned

sounds more like a classic maf failure

limp wouldn't be intermittent

the glow lamp doesnt come on and off according to a fault either

once an error is logged, the light stays on.

4. MRK

mrk New Member

thanks for the help, its booked into seat this thursday for a diagnostics check, the mechanic reckons its an intermittant fault with the maf sensor aswell, no ecu lights are on. its about 80 for a maf sensor i think but my best mates a mechanic so cheap fitting lol

5. MRK

mrk New Member

thanks for the help, its booked into seat this thursday for a diagnostics check, the mechanic reckons its an intermittant fault with the maf sensor aswell, no ecu lights are on. its about 30-80 for a maf sensor i think depending on the type of car but my best mates a mechanic so cheap fitting lol