URGENTLY REQUIRE STD 16V DOWNPIPES

Discussion in 'Engines' started by MK4 GTI TURBO, Oct 29, 2003.

1. MK4 GTI TURBO Forum Member

Sorry for shouting but I urgently need standard mk2 16v downpipes. I ordered a Supersprint manifold as the expansion bit on my downpipes had gone but after waiting more than a month it don't fit.[:x]

The car is at Autotechnik in Southampton at the moment and they are being really good about it but I've got to get my hands on these downpipes (like now :)).

Hope someone can help, they don't need to be new as it really is only a temporary fix (cheaper the better as well! basically it will all be junked when I get the new manifold, cheapest new one is about 100 :()

Please respond here or mail me direct on matt@mk4GTIturbo.co.uk

Thanks in advance
    (hope I haven't broken too many rules[:$] )

2. chrismc Forum Junkie

You can also fit a late 8v downpipe with the 6 bolt flange & get a sleeve made up to mate it to the rest of the system....if its to get you outta the sh1t!

Have you still got transport or not!?

3. Gambit

Gambit Paid Member Paid Member

i got mine from Eurocarparts for 127, next day delivery to the Isle of Man. or try the usual route of scrappies

4. DEX

Dex Paid Member Paid Member

fit an 8v one

it's better than the 16v one and cheaper. mine cost about 20 second hand and is in perfectly good nick