Using co car no claims on another car, who???

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by Jon Olds, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

I have had an 11 year clean run with a co. car, and have a letter from my employer.

I still have a co car, so the companies I am ringing for quotes are saying they can't give me any significant discount, in spite of the good driving record.

I kind of understand where they are coming from. However, any of you guys managed to blag an NCD on a new policy, while continuing to run the co car?

If so, WHO??????

2. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

I think Sainsburys take into account company car discount. A colleague just moved from a Car ownership scheme through work to buying his own personal car instead, and they counted 5 out of 7 of his NCD from driving company cars.

3. 91davidw Forum Member

Admiral gave me 6 years NCD discount when I gave up my company car.
    All I needed was a letter from work stating I had a company car and had no accidents or convictions, which you already have.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
    David

4. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

Thanks guys, but thats not quite what i was asking. I still have a co car, and am hoping to find a company
    that recognises a proven good run of driving.

5. 91davidw Forum Member

Should be the same, you'll be looking to use your company car driving record to gain NCD on your private car.
    Doesn't matter that you will still have the company car, infact it might even benefit you still having the company car for work.

Cheers
    David