Vag com codes help

Discussion in 'Vagcom / VCDS' started by kells, Jul 14, 2011.

1. kells Forum Member

Im trying to work out if my MAF needs replacing..

Car boosts to 15psi in second gear, bit only boosts to around 10psi in 3rd or 4th (sometimes spikes a bit more)

Engine is audi S3, AMK standard map for now (im not 100% sure what it should boost to on standard map??)

Anyhow., iv done another vagcom and got a load of codes, iv cleared them all and not yet driven the car so i cant re scan at the mo but here is what iv got:

17526 - Oxygen sensor heating circuit open
    17522 - Lambda sensor bank 1, probe 2 internal resistance too largely

( I have not plugged in the second lambda sensor as i plan to have thuis mapped out next month, im guessing thats what these 2 codes are - but question is will this effect performance till they are mapped out ????? )

Rest of the codes are:

16955 - stop light switches f implausible signal
    17695 - circulating air valve for turbo N249 interuption (i have removed the N249 valve)
    16486 - Air mass measurers signal too small
    18010 - voltage supply K1.30 tension to small (i have had battery off last week??)
    16885 - Vehicle speed signal impulisve signal
    17963 - Maximum load pressure exceeded
    17834 - Tank ventilation valve N86 interuption (iv unplugged the carbon canister pump)

any help with these guys?? will any of this give me performance issues or is any of thios related to MAF or MAP sensor ??

Iv cleared all the codes

cheers

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

16955 - did you wire in the brake (pin 55) and clutch (pin 39) switch wires to the ecu?
    17695/17834 - you may need to wire in 330ohm resistors to the plugs to stop it going into limp, not sure on that
    16885 - you need to wire the ecu speed signal (pin 54), the mk3 signal is compatible if you look above the fusebox you'll see blue/white wires going to a blue jumper block, speedo signal for ecu goes here
    18010 - yeah could be battery off, but how did you wire in the ecu relay feed pin 3? i use the mk3 ecu relay wire for this. also maybe the permanent live feed (pin 56) is missing from ecu?

http://vwtech.no-ip.info/downloads/leamkecu.pdf

3. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

The problem i think will be tracing the wires in the loom back to the fusebox. Its an andyout loom and was supplied with no diagram, Supposed to be plug and play. Looks like it'll be more continuity testing to find the wires.

4. kells Forum Member

Is any of this related to my MAF or MAP sensor ??

if i unplugg my MAF the car performs no different, iv read that if you unplug the maf (and its a new MAf) you would easily spot the difference

???

5. rubjonny

hmm hopefully the wires in question will still be there just taped up. if you unwrap the loom near the bulkhead you should find where all the mk4 fusebox plugs were chopped off and then find the wires you need. alternatively if its one of the earlier ones where the mk4 fusebox is retained along with the mk3 then the plugs should be there so just a case of tracing the pin numbers. the diagram above is for a Leon so may not be quite same as audi, i would print you an audi diagram but cant get to my pc right now

6. kells Forum Member

i did some logs on Vag com.

the air mass reading on block 2 is only 150 G/S which works out at 187.5 bhp (i should have 210 bhp standard) so im loosing power, i did a leak test last week and found 3 leaks (one was very big) i couldnt find/hear any others. although the gauge on my compressor was dropping slightly constantly (im told this is normal)

so im back to thinking my MAF is faulty

what do you think ??? need to be totally sure before i buy it

P.S cleared all other codes and they have not come back.. im only getting a code for no second oxygen sensor which i k ow about because this is unplugged

7. turbotommy Forum Member

I think standard boost is 1 bar (about 14.7 psi) for a k04 but not sure if thats 225 bhp or 210!
    I'd just plug the 2nd lambda in then put it somewhere (down the chassis leg like me lol)
    Is it a GENUINE vag MAF? thats the big question! Pattern ones are a mine field & havebeen known to be faulty out the box.

8. kells Forum Member

Not sure if its pattern - how do i check ?

It was on the engine when i bought it, illl get a pic if i can. got my 2nd lambda with me, will plug it in.. these dont get hot do they ??

9. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

They get up to about 400deg so be careful where you put it.;)

10. kells Forum Member

The sensors get warm ? i thought they just read the temp from the exhaust gas (the gas been what gets warm)

The MAF is a Genuine bosch, prob cars original (40k miles)

part on it looks like this: 06A 906 A61H

11. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Yea they have to heat up to work. They have theire own heating element in them.

12. kells Forum Member

Picking new MAF up from audi tomorrow

13. rubjonny

could you just disconnect one of the heater wires, or would that throw up a code too

14. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Yes it will. Heater circuit is controlled by the ECU and is used to determine sensor temperature.

15. rubjonny

what about a resistor like used to bypass other sensors

16. kells Forum Member

Will me having the second lambda sensor unplugged cause the car to not run at full power / limp mode ?? or is it just a case of throwing up a fault code ??

im gonna have this mapped out next month anyhow

Also worth noting non of the other fault codes have returned, i think they were from when i had the blown fuse and the clocks were not working etc

17. Toyotec

No. The cat monitor will not be happy, however the car will be fine at full chat.
    The second lambda can be calibrated out and switch off as a system in the calibration for the car.

18. Toyotec

Will never condone "resistors" as bypasses.

19. rubjonny

what even for things like the carbon canister

20. kells Forum Member

So basically me not having the post cat sensor plugged in wont have anything to do with my M/S reading in vagcom been so low and also wont have anything to do with the reason i am not boosting to the correct amount?? (worked out im only getting a ****ty 187.5 bhp via the M/S reading in vagcom)

in other words its deffo looking like the MAF (arrives tomo)