Vagcom help in Kent

Discussion in 'Vagcom / VCDS' started by DentedRims, Nov 1, 2014.

1. DentedRims New Member

Hi all, got a problem with the wife's 1.4 16v Lupo since re-fitting the throttle body and egr after cleaneing off the the thick crud that had built up on it. (seriously i have never seen anything like it, it was that bad).[:s]

The car will start and idle very lumpily (around 500-750rpm) but you can rev it and it smoothes out a bit but still seems a little lumpy.

If you leave it idling, after a couple of minutes the idle will increase to around 1000rpm and smoothes out, however, there is no throttle response at all.

Throughout all of this the EPC light remain lit, followed by the Engine management light!

I plugged in a code reader and it comes up with the fault codes:

17961 - Barometric/Manifold Pressure
    Signals: Implausible
    Correlation: P1553

17912 - Intake Air System:
    Leak Detected:
    P1504
    Static -No

I immediately checked to see if I had missed a connection, which I hadn't, and I could not find any obvious leaks. I also cleared the codes and restarted it but to no avail. I did some searching online and found this comment to what seemed an almost identical issue to mine "the ECU MUST be re-adapted to the throttle body and EGR valve".

Can anyone tell me if this is the case and if so do you know of someone who can do this (apparently 5 minute job on Vagcom) in East Kent?

I can't really see me driving the car too far!

I have already tried to disconnect the battery for 30mins as had been suggested might work on another site.

Any help appreciated.
    P.S. Beer Tokens available ;)