vagcom help mk4 golf 1.8t 2000 w reg

Discussion in 'Vagcom / VCDS' started by lpointon, Apr 19, 2012.

1. lpointon New Member

hi all im wondering if anyone can help me, i seem to have a problem accessing my engine ecu using a cheap 409.1 vagcom lead off ebay. i seem to beable to read my abs ,immo and airbag ecu but not my engine always says interface not found, i borrowed my m8s handheld vagcom scanner made by gunson and this was able to read my engine ecu, i since ordered another cheap vagcom cable off ebay and once again would not read my engine ecu.ive since pluged this cheap cable using vcds in my dads 52 plate 1.9tdi passat and my brothers 2000 w reg 1.8t passat and the lead reads there ecu ,ive also checked all my fuses in my fuses box ,any ideas would be great has pulling my hair out.

thanks all

2. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

There may be a wiring problem or k line interruption. Sometimes removing the radio can help with connections.

3. lpointon New Member

ok thanks will give that a try has im running out of options, do u know if its possble to run a wire from ecu to diag plug just not sure what pins do what.

4. lpointon New Member

ok have removed radio and also climacontrol unit still no joy have checked wires on te back of diag socket everythings ok there so it looks, i got my m8 to come round has hes got a mk4 golf 02 plate 1.6 16v it read his ecu with no problems ,so have no idea completely stuck
    [:^(]

5. bazmcc Forum Member

No offense but bin the 3rd party leads and get the full version. You'll wonder why you wasted money on a fake lead.

Gunson make gunson scanners, not vag com/vcds. It's made by ross tech and ross tech only.

The real version is worth every penny. it'll read your car no problem.

6. lpointon New Member

thanks baz i just wont to be sure that it is the lead before i pay 230 ,and what i meant was i brought a gunson handheld vagcom scanner it actually says vagcom but also does obd this did read my ecu, but the cheap vagcom cable i got off ebay doesnt but does read my dads passat my brothers passat and my mates mk4 golf 1.6 16v.