vagcom/vcds

Discussion in 'Vagcom / VCDS' started by nme motorsport, Aug 13, 2015.

1. nme motorsport Forum Member

Hi All

i have been offered a genuine Ross tech lead Hex+can dual K and can usb interface looks like the official marking in gold color then on the rear side it has genuine ross tech on the other side - how can i be 100% its A GENUINE lead

when i plug the lead in should it load up the software including the drivers or os there a sequence i need to do before it will work, what should i be able to see compared to a fake lead

Many Thanks

2. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

If you download the free version from the Ross Tech web site, then connect the cable to your laptop and click "about" it should then show it's the full licence copy.

A genuine Ross-Tech cable is now the "key" and you no longer need a key code to obtain the full version, basically it allows you to sell the cable on or if you changed laptops then it will still work.

Whereas with the key code (which you can get from Ross-Tech for $99) it will be for just that one laptop... If you bought a new laptop it's tuff luck and you loose the full version.