Vagcom

Discussion in 'Vagcom / VCDS' started by Gex, Jun 27, 2011.

1. GEX

Gex New Member

Hi everyone,

I've done an engine swap and the key I was supplied with the engine is unfortunately the wrong one, I've called the seller and he's stated that the key he gave me locked/unlocked the car and believed it would start the car (he said it was the spare key) however it doesn't.

I'm in some desperate need of some help to get my car out of the garage.

When I try to start the car it runs for 2 seconds then cuts out which tells me it's an immobilizer problem.

I have the spare key, ECU and Transponder Box from the same car/engine.

I need to pair the Key to my ECU and Immobilizer using VAGCOM.

Does anyone around the Newcastle Upon Tyne area have this sort of ability and are mobile?

I don't have the full registration of the car nor does the seller.

Thanks!

2. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

3. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

with that you need the skc code which you can't get from VCDS, dealer can't get it either unless you hook up to their machine to do the adaption
    there are ways around it which I've never got around to trying yet

4. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

if it's immbo 2 then you can get the skc with vag tacho takes
    about a hour to get the login for the clocks
    then two sec's to get the skc code

if it is immbo 3 it's not as easy as you need more than just the skc

what age of car did they come from any part numbers for the clocks and ecu

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

it may be the key is right, but the immob box is wrong, or you have a communication error between ecu and immob box. vag-com will tell you exactly what the issue is though.

assuming its immob 2 from mk3 golf then without the right key its impossible to get the SKC code from the immob box with vag-tacho, you have no choice but to get another matched immob box and key. vw can get the key matched to the immob box though, but you obviously need to transport the car to them. if you have a matched key and immob box, you can use vag-com to match it to your ecu.

are you 100% sure its an immob fault though? ive had this problem and it was down to the isv, and another time it was faulty crank sensor. also it might be the key reader coil has packed in, mine started doing this around once a month and new key reader sorted it. does the car continue to run if you hold the revs up?

basically you need to get vag-com plugged in, clear tall the codes on the ecu and immob box then fire it up to see what comes back.