valve grinding wheels source

Discussion in 'Tools, Equipment & Fasteners' started by brutalmk2-16v, Apr 29, 2012.

1. brutalmk2-16v Forum Member

As per title guys, where can i purchase some good quality valve grinding and valve seat grinding wheels? 99% of google search leads to US webpages. I would prefer something like black and decker but i'm considering everything.

The kind of wheel i'm looking for: http://www.formtechservices.com/formtechservices.com/Sharpening.html

-The last pic in that page

For the smaller ones that are for seat grinding the size i want is 9/16".

I've got the size for the bigger wheel as well but let me know where i can find some first.

I would msg Mart but my inbox is full [xx(]

Any help appreciated

Thanks

2. brutalmk2-16v Forum Member

Mart(Hotgolf) i'm waiting for you to chime in [:D]

Any other machinists in the forum?

3. brutalmk2-16v Forum Member

4. Hotgolf

Hotgolf Paid Member Paid Member

When I can I try and use norton or saint goblin grinding wheels and sundries, they're spot on and you can get nearly any grade out there. These i'd use for valves themselves in a valve grinding jig.
    But for seats, you're looking at neway seat cutters for home/hand use, or they now do them with attachments to fit in a mill. Or then there's the likes of serdi machines. You won't get a grinding wheel for seats. Due to the inherent nature of a grinding stone that really needs to be worked across its whole face, a stone for cutting seats would wear unevenly and leave you with seats that are all shapes.