VCDS Group Buy

Discussion in 'Vagcom / VCDS' started by Deako, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

If anyone is interested in obtaining a HEX-CAN USB Cable which is the genuine Ross Tech cable, then please check out the GB linked from the Mk5 Golf GTI Forum.

230 inc P&P is the cost, which is a considerable saving.

http://www.vagcom.biz/groupbuy/

Will work on most VW from 1996 onwards.

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Luke,

Why do we not send an email to Uwe Ross at Ross-Tech and order a bulk set as a club.
    On their site it costs $349 USD for 1 unit either HEX-CAN USB/COM and 54 USD to Fed-ex or $3490 USD for 10 and 90.2USD to Fed-ex in 2 days. I am sure would have to pay duty on the lot but am I also sure some concesssion can be had if more than 5 were to be purchased.
    Can see why not else for Gendan, ilexa it would not make sense.

Just a suggestion though.

3. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Nigel is an official importer of the cables from Ross Tech in the UK. He has already got stock in the UK, and pretty much everyone that buys one in the UK, across all the VAG forums buys one from Nigel.

He has taken the risk out of the deal by organising and reselling this himself. If nobody is interested, so be it, but you couldnt guarantee an exact cost doing it yourself until you know what you are going to get hit with when its imported to the UK.

4. Toyotec

I am aware of how it works hence my suggestion.
    I think it is a fair point re "he was taken the risk already".
    230 is a fair retail price TBH.

5. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

When you think the cost of 1 unit at RRP of $349 = 233 approx at todays exchange rate, then factor in shipping and import tax. I think 230 delivered is a great price. :thumbup:

6. mr.brown

mr.brown Paid Member Paid Member

Fixed for you :thumbup: If I were in the UK I would have been all over this.

7. Toyotec

Yes as a consumer, not as a thinker or as a bulk group buy direct from the source with some negotiation.

Surely it it is retailed at 230 inclusive of delivery in one case or 264 in another, hopefully with the venders are making some profit, both UK based and most likely buying more than 1 unit from the US, then there is room for scope as a club as a bulk buy passing on the benefits to the members.

As said 10 items would cost 90.2 USD FED-EX so it would be down to speaking to Ross-Tech regarding a quantity buy.

As said this is just a suggestion as it may be simpler just to buy from the cheapest UK source job done.

8. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

I'm the one that started Nigel on the current group buy, so really think this is the cheapest and easiest way for everyone to get them. They are already in the uk as well.

For information, I'm actually not buying one of these as I have spent too much on the car. So gain nothing out of this. But urge anyone that wants a genuine cable to get on it.