VCDS only reading 1 control module.

Discussion in 'Vagcom / VCDS' started by dj_adam, Feb 22, 2013.

1. dj_adam New Member

Hi all, i'm trying to interrogate the wife's Audi A3 (8P chassis 2005) to find out which wheel speed sensor is tripping the ABS light. However, VCDS will only read the ENGINE control module and no others. I can't access ABS, Central Convenience, Radio, Instruments - nothing. Ive tried my old 409.1 Vag-com and the current VCDS-Lite. Ive tried different USB ports also. Suspecting the computer to be at fault I hooked it up to my Golf and all works fine. All of the control modules on the golf talk readily to the computer. So now I am puzzled. I've read the Ross-Tech Wiki but couldn't find any help there and I can't contact them directly because i'm using an eBay lead.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Adam

2. Collie Forum Junkie

have you checked the 3 abs fuses on top of the battery

3. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

a 05 chassis car will be Can-Bus networked which needs the full Can-Hex Ross Tech cable.
    Wether you have a copy or the basic cable which has been know as the Hex, this will read the Kline type only. All the modules on the post 2005 will be canbus'd but keeping in the rules the engine is still read'able with OBD which is why you can see the engine and nothing else