Very cheap looking rear tyres with unusual tread pattern...

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tyres' started by mookie, Dec 13, 2011.

1. mexicorich Forum Member

Stick the cheapos on the front and burn them of with lots of wheelspin :-)
    Just don't expect to stop quickly in the wet!!:-(

2. beetie

beetie Forum Member

I had 452's on my 200sx and they were very good. A lot of the 200sx forum members rate them and good tyres are even more important on high powered rwd cars. Much better than the very average Toyo t1-s tyres on my mk2 that most forums rave about.

Still find Goodyear f1 the best though, just more expensive. As people have said though don't ever skimp on tyres.

3. Rubberdubber Forum Member

I hate the way when you go into a tyre place now they give you a price for "Budgets" and when you ask what kind they are they say "don't know, we just take what we get". So I am supposed to do the same, well no I don't think so, especially as no-one knows where most of them are made, the number of new brnds on the market is frightening and some of them are not that cheap either. I have a feeling that by going along with this we are just encouaging them to bring out more "Budgets" that no-one had heard of until gradually the tyres we have heard of will disappear. It seems to suit most lower end tyre companies to sell mainly budgets, which makes me think the profit marjins are higher ;) stack em high, sell em cheap and all that [8(]

4. D4LFR Forum Member

I can 100% tell you that the profit margins are alot lower on budget tyres.
    I buy 50,000-60,000 passenger car tyres a year and budget mark-ups have to be lower to be competitive with the back street garages that buy the cheapest crap from brokers stick 5 on the cost and bang em out all day... But they don't have the overheads that a company my size does

5. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

probably a lot better than the two pirelli dich finders iv just changed out

6. Rubberdubber Forum Member

D4LFR, that's really interesting, so why do so many people want to sell them if there is very little margin in them and then there's surely a risk that the buyer won't be happy?

7. D4LFR Forum Member

Simply because to the majority of people tyres are a distressed purchase and many people just think a tyre is a tyre. we have to cater to all sectors of the market, if we didn't sell them someone else would.

A sale is a sale and in this climate it keeps me in a job [:s]

The worst customers by far are the ones that buy 2 budgets tyres simply because they're the cheapest then come back 6 months later for 2 more the same arrrrrrggghhh [8(]